New SSD , old HDD keeps reboot , many problems !

Marcu_

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
I have a problem for some time with HDD because is still rebooting, I mean, I was playing or navigate on the internet and at one point a heard a click and HDD stopped for a second, the screen freeze and after that HDD turn on and everything was fine in within 2-3 seconds. (Multiple times)

-I have thought the problem is with the hdd but it's not because I was with him at friend and the HDD worked with no problems, no reboots, went smoothly.

-I sent him in service with warranty and technicians said that everything is okay with him .

-After that the problems persist and I've got a ssd, to put Windows on it and keep HDD for storage.

-After I installed Windows on ssd, removing the HDD from PC I reinserted the HDD and surprise , keep reboots every second and don't let me to do anything + bios don't recognized SSD.

-I removed HDD and did the correct BIOS settings , I put on SSD but nothing was changed:(.

-I don't understand what problem can be, I put SSD in SATA port 1 and HDD in SATA port 2.

- I have no idea, can you help me?

-Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P, HDD = Toshiba DT01ACAxxx-III 1TB 7200 RPM
32MB, 120GB SSD = Kingston SSDNow UV400 2.5 inch SATA-III
(Bios and all drivers are up to date, new sata cables)

-I have tried another HDD on the pc and the problem was the same ....Only the ssd works fine , but when I put HDD on with the SSD the windows dont boot "YOUR PC RUN INTO A PROBLEM"

Hey there, Marcu_

You did well with the troubleshooting. After all the testing it really does not seem like a drive issue. Those freezes and reboots could be cause by faulty RAM, however, since your mobo can't recognized the new SSD properly, it could also be a motherboard problem.
I'd recommend that you get in touch with the mobo manufacturer's customer support and ask for assistance and if you can RMA the motherboard. Other than that, you could try running your computer with one RAM stick at a time, to see if the same issue occurs again.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD