Question New SSD on windows 10 on new build last night, however my 2TB harddrive from older computer won't load.

Nov 26, 2019
I built a new computer last night because my older rig with FX-8350, AMD HD 7970s was almost unusably slow and froze glitchy. That HDD had windows 7 on it. All of my wifes pictures etc. it was crashing right before with the windows repair loop and an extremely brief. Unmountable_Data_volume or something of that sort, and when
So i thought it was time and got the parts lasts night, i reused the power supply out of that computer. so this morning i plugged that harddrive into the new computer thinking it was going to pop up just like another harddrive. where you can open it and i could just take the pictures and such off and then throw it away, however it goes through some kind of "stage 1" repair during bios that probably would take a year if it actually went through and if it would what does that do? i thought maybe it won't try to boot that drive since the new hardware can't detect windows 7 or something.. thanks in advance really want those pictures..

Nov 26, 2019
RTX 2070 SUPER
MSI X570 gaming edge wifi
16gb vengance ddr4 3000(i think 3000)
windows 10home
Ryzen 7 3800x

i have not tried that yet. the ssd is a 2.5 sata