[SOLVED] new ssd! organizing memory

Jan 15, 2020
Hey guys,

Just installed a new bigger ssd in my pc so now I have a 500gb ssd and the new 1TB ssd. I would prefer to have my os on the smaller ssd and id like to move all my games and other files to the new one. Was wondering what the easiest way to manage my memory and make this transition easy. Still learning a lot when it comes to this so I wanted to make sure I don't do anything stupid. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!

-BK

Solution
If you are using Steam you can move games with it. Right lick on a game, go to properties, then local files then move install folder. I'm sure some of the other launchers like Origin, Uplay etc have their own version of this, if not you will have to reinstall them fully.

The same goes for other applications, unfortunately you can't simply drag and drop most applications from one install location to the other because of how files paths work.
If you are using Steam you can move games with it. Right lick on a game, go to properties, then local files then move install folder. I'm sure some of the other launchers like Origin, Uplay etc have their own version of this, if not you will have to reinstall them fully.

The same goes for other applications, unfortunately you can't simply drag and drop most applications from one install location to the other because of how files paths work.

Reactions: bkwhopperjr46
Solution
Jan 15, 2020

thank you

popatim

Titan
For steam, I make a folder ont he new drive & Call it Steam Games then I add this folder to the list of library locations in Steam settings. Then I can move games to the new folder.
For Origin it's very similar and then you right click the game in origin and select Move Game.