New SSD plugged in and now neither HDD or SSD recognized in BIOS

Nov 6, 2018
I just bought a Samsung 860 Evo and tried installing it, I got it in with my HDD I've been using and once both were plugged in I tried starting my computer but now all I can do is enter into the BIOS and no bootable devices were displayed, I disconnected the SSD and kept the HDD connected and still nothing, the boot LED stays red after all the other ones flash and I can't figure out the issue, did I just kill my motherboard? My CPU is recognized my RAM is my you seems fine too, the cords were a bit tight when I was moving everything around as the NZXT with the plastic look through panel isn't the most spacious and I didn't want to disconnect everything so some cords might've been pulled a bit hard but everything but my SSD and HDD are recognized.

Edit: just tried to use a boot device with windows installation media to out a new copy of windows 10 on my SSD and it isn't being detected at all, what do I do if I can't even fresh install windows 10

PC specs
ASUS Z170
I7 6700k
16gb ddr4 corsair vengeance
EVGA GTX 1070
EVGA 850 watt PSU gold
And my Samsung 860 1TB evo

Lutfij

Titan
I doubt you killed anything but you can try and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard. You would logically need to reinstall your OS onto the new SSD(if that was your plan), so you can remove the HDD and all storage drives except for SSD to install OS on and see if that brings back functionality.

Nov 6, 2018
@Lutfij how would I go about verifying my OS again on the SSD? My plan was to move the OS over with Steam and my most played games and leave the hefty games on the HDD so I had more storage, I was running out of storage on my HDD frequently and thought it's time to get one since I found it new for a lot cheaper than it was a few years ago