Question PC crashed and unable to get back in, hanging at boot screen with bootable USB and new SSD now

Jul 1, 2022
Bit of a long post. Specs below. First time posting an issue, so please let me know if I have to change anything in the format.

PC randomly crashed a few days ago and was crashing when I tried to reboot it. Tried restoring system image, which failed. After that, booting went straight to a blue screen with registry error into automatic restart, infinitely looping. Could still get to BIOS but not past the registry error. I reset the CMOS and created a bootable USB with Windows 10, and I was able to get into that. However, when trying to erase or reformat the existing Windows partition, it would give a fail/error message, despite being able to still detect the partitions. Could not repair or do a new install.

The PC had failed once before under warranty and it had turned out to be a failed SSD, so I purchased a new one in case that was the problem again. Installed it, recognized by the BIOS, but when I try to boot from the USB drive to install Windows, it hangs at the boot screen.

https://ibb.co/JBySKrd (Image isn't mine but not home at the moment to take a pic. Same except no text for me at bottom right, it's just the ASRock at the top)

Any ideas? Failed mobo? Will try with a different USB and maybe try reseating the SSD later, but the fact that BIOS recognizes the SSD and I was able to get into the USB boot with the original SSD makes me think it's a mobo problem.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.20 GHz
Processor Main Features 64 bit 8-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor 16 MB L3 Cache
Memory 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz
Storage 500 GB SSD
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB
Power Supply600W 80 PLUS White
CaseSkytech mATX Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Gaming Case - Black
Cooling System3 x 120mm Ring RGB Fans and 1 x non-LED in-take 120mm Fan
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit
🙋‍♀️Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Upgrade
‍👉Check ABS/Helix computers with Windows 11 Pro
‍👉Check gaming pc with Windows 11 Pro
Motherboard
Chipset AMD M-ATX B450
CPU
CPU Type Ryzen 7 2nd Gen
CPU Speed 2700 (3.20GHz)
L3 Cache Per CPU 16 MB
CPU Main Features64 bit 8-Core Processor
Graphics
GPU/VGA Type NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
Video Memory8 GB GDDR6
Virtual Reality ReadyYes
Memory
Memory Capacity 16GB DDR4
Memory Speed DDR4 3000
Storage
SSD 500 GB

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

However, when trying to erase or reformat the existing Windows partition, it would give a fail/error message, despite being able to still detect the partitions.
Seem to me like your OS drive might've kicked the bucket. Might want to source another storage drive and try reinstalling the OPS onto that.

600W 80 PLUS White
Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Jul 1, 2022
EVGA 600W 80 Plus Certified 100-W1-0600-K1 Power Supply, 600W, little under 3 years old.

Sorry, not familiar with OS drive, OPS and storage drive. Are these different from HDD and SSD?