Question New SSD with windows 10 only booting once then disappearing from BIOS?

Aug 4, 2019
Hi everyone, I was hoping you could help me with an issue that I had with a new SSD that I got. I have managed to install this SSD into my computer and it appears in my file explorer successfully, but I wanted to transfer my copy of windows over to it so my PC would run faster. I followed the steps of an online guide and used a backup tool (easeUS) to do a system clone of my windows installation to my SSD. Once this finished I shut down my PC and went into my BIOS where I found that the SSD was indeed in the boot priority menu where I was able to change it and boot up windows using the SSD (so far so good). However, when I shut down my PC and booted it back up the next morning it was remarkably slower, so I thought I'd check the BIOS again and to my suprise the SSD had vanished from the list, however it still works fine and appears on my file explorer with the windows still cloned over on it etc. The only way that I could get it to boot back up from the same SSD was to format the SSD to wipe all of the installation, use the cloning tool again to make a fresh copy where it would appear again in the BIOS, but the same thing happened where the next time I booted up the PC after, it simply disappeared. Can anybody please help me to figure out how to make the SSD stay/become the default installation of windows? Thanks!

Some extra bits of info that may be useful:
CSM is disabled
Motherboard is an ASUS type but I'm unsure of the exact model
My BIOS screen looks like this: https://www.servethehome.com/wp-con...-BIOS-EZ-Mode-XMP-Memory-Profile-Disabled.jpg
(When I do the system clone onto the SSD and enter the BIOS there's two UEFI options at the bottom, one for the SSD and one for the original one but the next time I boot it up and check there's only the one UEFI option of the original windows on the HDD

SSD is a Crucial MX300 2.5"
The old windows is installed on a disk with the rest of my data (almost 2TB so too much space to simply do a whole system clone) and I didn't remove it out of fear that if my BIOS didn't recognise the SSD again there wouldn't be a windows to boot from.

Thanks again!

Aug 4, 2019
Update: I (fingers crossed that it doesn't break again) think I've solved the issue!

After doing a fresh install of the OS to the SSD again and powering down, I unplugged the original HDD's sata cable from the motherboard and moved the SSD's sata cable to the place of the original drive. I booted it up a couple times and thankfully it stayed on the SSD for more than one time. I've just now replaced the HDD's sata cable where the SSD was before and the SSD has stuck around for more than 1 boot thankfully!