Question New SSD won't boot

Peiguy

Prominent
Apr 7, 2019
I just installed a Crucial P1 to boot from instead of my HDD, I cloned the data using Macrium Reflect but now my system doesn't want to boot from my SSD despite the fact that it shows up in my BIOS and is first in boot order. Whenever i try to boot from it I just get a message saying "Reboot and select proper boot device\or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

ceriumin

Notable
Nov 13, 2018
I just installed a Crucial P1 to boot from instead of my HDD, I cloned the data using Macrium Reflect but now my system doesn't want to boot from my SSD despite the fact that it shows up in my BIOS and is first in boot order. Whenever i try to boot from it I just get a message saying "Reboot and select proper boot device\or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
I had to fiddle around with an SSD to get it to work because it was a pain. I unplugged my hard drive, plugged in my SSD, used a USB to install windows and then once I was in windows, I plugged the hard drive in and removed everything on it. However this is the only fix I can think of currently. There is another one, where in boot options you have to select "Windows Boot Manager (SSD)" and that did the trick because whenever I select the actual SSD in boot manager it shows the same error. Hopefully a bit of my fixes help

Peiguy

Prominent
Apr 7, 2019
I had to fiddle around with an SSD to get it to work because it was a pain. I unplugged my hard drive, plugged in my SSD, used a USB to install windows and then once I was in windows, I plugged the hard drive in and removed everything on it. However this is the only fix I can think of currently. There is another one, where in boot options you have to select "Windows Boot Manager (SSD)" and that did the trick because whenever I select the actual SSD in boot manager it shows the same error. Hopefully a bit of my fixes help
I don't see an option for windows boot manager and i'm thinking of just reinstalling windows on the SSD like you did if this clone doesn't work

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS