Question New SSHD caused computer lag

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 2, 2019
A couple of days ago I ran out of storage on my SSD and purchased a new SSHD with 2 TB of storage and installed it. Ever since I installed it, all of my games have started to have major lag. I tried looking up answers and fix it but I had no luck. I was thinking about returning it so I took it out. Still, after taking it out, my computer continues to lag. Any advice or help? Do I have to hard reset my computer? It worked fantastic before I installed the SSHD and now it basically won't work at all for games :(

Here are my specs:
-AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
-Asus PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
-Patriot Viper Elite 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
-Inland Professional 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD that worked fine)
-Seagate FireCuda 2 TB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive (New SSHD I just installed that broke my computer)
-Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8 GB AORUS 8G Video Card
-Deepcool MATREXX 70 ADD-RGB 3F ATX Mid Tower Case
-EVGA BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

It is fine at the time of this second screenshot. At the time of yourearlier one, something was using your resources, such as Windows' own driver update tool, or system restore. Personally, I would turn off auto download of drivers under Device Installation Settings and see if things improve. If you aren't sure where to find it, Google should help.

Sep 2, 2019
It is fine at the time of this second screenshot. At the time of yourearlier one, something was using your resources, such as Windows' own driver update tool, or system restore. Personally, I would turn off auto download of drivers under Device Installation Settings and see if things improve. If you aren't sure where to find it, Google should help.
I turned it off, no luck, the lag hasn't gone away.