New Steam Controller Design Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I make $487,000 a day sitting at my desk masturbating! You, too, can be rich like me! Just go to ww.ghfdgfd.com and sign our lengthy and suspicious contract without reading it now!

permanoob

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
I make $487,000 a day sitting at my desk masturbating! You, too, can be rich like me! Just go to ww.ghfdgfd.com and sign our lengthy and suspicious contract without reading it now!

Went to the site. Masturbating now. A+++ would click again.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
LoL. Thanks I needed the laugh. Removing the screen seems like a very practical change. It should help cut costs and improve battery life/weight. I can't wait to try it out.

Mitchell Marvin

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
HA I already make 6 figures sitting at a desk masturbating all day. You can too! Just find employment with the Federal Government like me! Then you too can ride the clock all day and never actually do TOO much work, all the while receiving promotions and bonuses for meeting expectations.

mmohon

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Step 1: Have Controller connect to my gaming rig via WiFi (see Nvidia gamepad)
Step 2: Have steam stream game to my chromecast
Step 3: Profit

blue17echo

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
Like the PSP, the analog stick is on the wrong side. I'm still super concerned about using the touchpads for shooters. Maybe the concave surface will help, but the lack of tactile feedback is what kills touchscreen controls for me. Of course, i could be totally wrong.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Man, they just can't finalize a design can they?
Its changing from something different and possibly revolutionary to just like everything else with every revision....

The Steam controller still has the two touchpads which were designed to make games that use a mouse normally work better like CIV5 etc.

Also, I think it's better to spend a long time to get it right. I can't say much as I've never tried it. It seems weird, on the other hand you may get better control with the touchpads so we'll just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.