New Steam UI Hitting Gamers on Monday, April 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan3rd

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I've been using the beta for a while. No doubt it is easier on the eyes than regular steam. To be honest, my favorite update about it is the addition of a clock for the in game overlay.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
i hate how steam displays how long you've spent playing games in total and in the past 2 weeks. Some of us like to keep the nerd in us private. Hope they gives us the option to make it private info

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I've been using the Beta, but it's still got a ridiculous amount of issues, I'm surprised it's being released...

And yes, the clock is awesome. Even if I ignore it and keep gaming anyway.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]Morgan3rd[/nom]To be honest, my favorite update about it is the addition of a clock for the in game overlay.[/citation]
Wow, that's really nice. (y)

jsschneidereit

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]yang[/nom]i hate how steam displays how long you've spent playing games in total and in the past 2 weeks. Some of us like to keep the nerd in us private. Hope they gives us the option to make it private info[/citation]
haha my girlfriend came over the other night and was shocked that I had spent a total of 50+/- hours on Bad Company 2 over the entire time it's been out haha and I was like that's like an hour a night! it's not even bad!

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jsschneidereit[/nom]haha my girlfriend came over the other night and was shocked that I had spent a total of 50+/- hours on Bad Company 2 over the entire time it's been out haha and I was like that's like an hour a night! it's not even bad![/citation]
haha EXACTLY! and 50 hours shows extreme self control for BFBC2 which is an epic of a game.

bucherm

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]yang[/nom]i hate how steam displays how long you've spent playing games in total and in the past 2 weeks. Some of us like to keep the nerd in us private. Hope they gives us the option to make it private info[/citation]

If you're ashamed of it, then you should probably stop playing as much man.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
well ceep in mind you cant play rom total war gold/barbarien, its a real bummer ;(. i got 340H on team fotress2 and a friend got ower 400 on his empire total war.

MrKKBB

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
So Steam keeps track of gaming time. Is anyone else wondering if Steam will start charging by the hour for games? Imagine a pricing model with $1/hr of gaming locked to a specific game, or $5.00/hr where you can play as many games as you want in that hour -- the virtual arcade right in the comfort of your home.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]jsschneidereit[/nom]haha my girlfriend came over the other night and was shocked that I had spent a total of 50+/- hours on Bad Company 2 over the entire time it's been out haha and I was like that's like an hour a night! it's not even bad![/citation]

Im at 92 hours, it aint that bad either.

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
@MrKKBB I think you'd be hard pressed to find gamers willing to rent games by the hour. Personally, I would only want to own. And plus, TommySch would have already shelled out at least $92 for a $50 game, with more to come I'm sure :)

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Shez[/nom]@MrKKBB I think you'd be hard pressed to find gamers willing to rent games by the hour. Personally, I would only want to own. And plus, TommySch would have already shelled out at least $92 for a $50 game, with more to come I'm sure[/citation]

My CSS team just got a shiny new BFBC2 server so I would be bankrupted by the end of the year...

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
On a separate note, does the release of the new UI mean that they'll be releasing the Mac version on the 26th too? If yes, my productivity at work is going to plummet.

You always have been able to make your profile private via the community portal.

As for the nerd part, there should be no shame. My Stem only shows 137 hours on TF2 ut I willproudly say I have 800 hours of that awesome game.

And I love the new UI. Multiple ways to actually view games and items so everyone has something.

Status
Not open for further replies.