[SOLVED] New storage upgrade causing issues

May 14, 2020
I recently bought a nvme drive to move my os to but I couldn't so I installed a new os but whenever the nvme drive is connected none of my other drives show up but when it is disconnected the drives appear and works like normal
Motherboard- asus prime B450 plus
nvme- Sabrent rocket Q NVMe PCIe
other storage devises -1 Kingston ssd 250 gb 2 other 500gb each hhds I took out of another computer.

Solution
I recently bought a nvme drive to move my os to but I couldn't so I installed a new os but whenever the nvme drive is connected none of my other drives show up but when it is disconnected the drives appear and works like normal
other storage devises -1 Kingston ssd 250 gb 2 other 500gb each hhds I took out of another computer.
Have you tried different SATA ports? When you have an NVMe disk, ports 5 & 6 are disabled -- https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B450-PLUS/specifications/
Do you have all the motherboard drivers loaded on the OS that is installed on the NVMe disk?

rgd1101

Don't
*1 The M.2 Socket shares bandwidth with the SATA_5/6 ports, and therefore the SATA_5/6 ports cannot be used when an M.2 device is installed.

kanewolf

Titan
Have you tried different SATA ports? When you have an NVMe disk, ports 5 & 6 are disabled -- https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B450-PLUS/specifications/
Do you have all the motherboard drivers loaded on the OS that is installed on the NVMe disk?

Solution
May 14, 2020