New Surveillance Bills Are Congress’ Christmas Gift To America

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I wonder how successful this Section 702 stuff (and whatever) has been. Does it catch and prosecute REAL threats 70% of the time? 50%? 10%? 1%? Whats the ratio of snooping on harmless people vs terrorists? Is 50% of the harmless population snooped on? 75? 99.999%?

America: "We've passed a bill to allow the creation of our new smart bomb system. It can kill WAAAAY more people than before!"

Concerned Citizens: "How often does it kill innocent people compared to threats to America?"

America: "DO YOU WANT THE TERRORISTS TO WIN?"

Really though, I think the reply would be a simple, bland: "We've shown many times in the past that we don't care what you think."

Everyone IS a potential enemy of the state. That's why we will/are all being monitored. And what have they found out about me. I love America I'm proud to live here and I am no threat. ...But.. it only takes ignorance and gullibility to fight on behalf of a terrorist organization... and there are FAR too many ignorant suckers in america that buy into anything they are told.

Taught what to believe because they are incapable of thinking for themselves... Pathetic people.
It actually reminds me of our Neo Nazzi's they teach each other to hate and are incapable of their own thoughts.

The only REAL downside to more surveillance is the potential of it ending up in the wrong hands... Or if you're an idiot watching and believing the terrorist organization videos. Also, they don't care about petty crimes they are trying to protect our citizens.

If this gets you up in arms then put yourself in charge.... How would you go about protecting every citizen in this entire country from threats that are, foreign, domestic and ourselves?

oh now thats a rabbit hole...
theres a whole lot that needs rolling back...
sadly it wont happen as then the truth about drones, oil pipelines and bank theft would come out and 90%+ of washington would be going to jail.

but the simple truth is. its easier to find a needle in a haystack if you dont keep adding hay. these powers are just more hay and probably unconstitutional.

mrmez

Splendid
Every great civilisation, every great power there once was, is now gone.
It may take a long time, the question is not when, but how America's stranglehold ends.
Anyone remember a certain Hernán Cortés?

jackt

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
This is nazism ! about the U.S... And a war crime about the rest of the world. This violates the basic human rights, how can you allow that ?

Easy, ban humans from using the internet, guns, motor vehicles and any kind of sharp objects. Then employ fluffy bunnies to do all the things that humans have just been banned from doing, when was the last time a fluffy bunny was considered as being dangerous?

Easy, maybe... but you'll have to force governments to play by the same rules, and the lawless and law breakers too. Not an easy task, especially since they'll be for the ban while hiding their cache from us until its time to take advantage of a helpless population.

As to when a fluffy bunny was considered dangerous? Have you never seen Monty Python and the quest for the Holy Grail? That bunny was pure evil.

(I see this quoted 1x before me... but don't see the reply. probably removed. oh well... it's neither here nor there.)

The bunny in QftHG was just an actor playing a role man, c'mon this is serious. And the other poster who quoted my post deleted it themselves.

I realize the bunny wasn't based on RL... One does however still need to keep their eyes peeled for wolves in sheep's clothing for not everything is as it appears to be.

I was serious when I was talking specifically about the ban though. There will be those who will appear to comply, those that will totally ignore, those who will gladly comply thinking everyone else is and they'll be completely safe and without worry, and those who will fight it tooth and nail at all levels.

I also noted the deletion was "neither here nor there." In retrospect, I should probably not have noted it.

kyotokid

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010

...ever play Borderlands? ;-)

kyotokid

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
...like the TSA more to interfere in the lives of this nation's citizens than actually keep us safe.

Keep in mind the President decided to create his own intelligence gathering body because he "doesn't trust" the ones we have. Remember who last did that.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
IN regards to your comment below... just look at every Apple Inc. buyer out there. They have been duped to spend 5x's the price of everything else and in return Apple gives you about a 1/10 of the life span of a cheaper and better product and yet these sheeple do it with bells on thinking everyone else is the problem, not Apple <roll eyes>
------------------------
"Everyone IS a potential enemy of the state. That's why we will/are all being monitored. And what have they found out about me. I love America I'm proud to live here and I am no threat. ...But.. it only takes ignorance and gullibility to fight on behalf of a terrorist organization... and there are FAR too many ignorant suckers in america that buy into anything they are told."

Status
Not open for further replies.