dipswitcher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Hello everyone.

I am still trying to feel good about build my package for home office, small editing projects, and multiple screen and program research.

CPU Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Quad-Core
Motherboard Asus P8H77-V ATX LGA1155
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2GB
Case Corsair 600T (Black) ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply SeaSonic 520W ATX12V / EPS12V
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit)
Keyboard Lite-On SK-1788/BS
Mouse Cooler Master SGM-2001-BLON1 Wired Optical
Total $1098.12

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
I definitely agree with above - the part choices are solid. Seasonic, Crucial, Gskill, Corsair, Asus, Samsung, are all parts that I would recommend. (as evidenced by signature!)

That said, are you hurting for money in any way? Because this is serious overkill for the usage described. There are lots of places you could save some money. For example:
-don't really need a crossfire capable motherboard.
-don't need that much graphic power unless you are gaming or using at least 3 monitors.
-honestly don't need a case that big since there isnt that much that needs to be cooled- could easily get a microATX motherboard, and a smaller case with less fans and features.

dipswitcher

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Yea your right. Its all ways nice to save money, but I kind of wanted a build that I can grow into as far as capabilities go. The machine I have doesn't do it any more. Do you think the build will be problematic for an amateur?

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Agree with everyone that assembly is very straightforward. Parts only fit in certain spots :)

CPU installation can be scary for a first timer though. I was pretty scared the first time I pushed down the holder and heard the CPU pins make a crunching noise.