chipkost

Honorable
Jun 16, 2016
My system is as follows:

I have the following problems:

1. slow startup and shutdown times
  2. Mouse and keyboard will no longer stay lighted when power is off

I am thinking it is either a power supply problem or a motherboard problem.

Things I have tried:

1. Fresh install of windows 10 home when system was built.
  2. Checked bios settings and all were good.
  3. Changed the 30 delay for boot startup to 3 seconds, in windows 10 and in bios.
  4. Reinstall of windows 10 home.
  5. boot order is set to my ssd with windows 10.
  6. I have disabled high startup programs in task manager.

The mouse would stay lighted at some times but now it won't stay lighted at all.
The slow boot up happens all the time.
The shutdown speed varies, with fast start up checked in power options it shuts down quickly, 2 or 3 seconds, but the start up time is still long at around 30 to 45 seconds.
When the fast start up is NOT checked, the computer will boot in around 30 to 35 seconds. This is for a SSD not a HDD. It will shutdown in 30 to 45 seconds.

BTW.....The system runs, stress tests and performs great, once it is booted up.

What settings, in windows 10 or in my bios, can I change to fix things. OR do I send the motherboard and power supply back to amazon and request replacements?

The reason I am thinking it might be a motherboard problem is because when I received the mother board, the MemOK!II switch was set to off and default is supposed to be set to on. This make me think some one has used and returned this motherboard already.
The reason I am thinking it might be the power supply is because the mouse will not stay lighted when the pc is shutdown even though the settings in Razer Synapse are set to stay on with monitor off.

What should I do?

thanks for helping

Chip

chipkost

Honorable
Jun 16, 2016
Both installs were clean installs. The first was on a new SSD and the second was done with deleting the partitions and letting windows rebuild them.
I did install the latest Intel chipset driver from Asus after I put together my system.

chipkost

Honorable
Jun 16, 2016
UPDATE:

Okay start up and shutdown are working correctly now. I went to best buy and bought a cheap sandisk ssd 240 gb, installed it into my system and uninstalled my 2080 graphics card, unplugged my main boot drive samsung 860 evo. I loaded windows 10 home on the new ssd and did all windows updates. I added no other programs to the new install. I played with the settings and shutdown times are under 3 seconds and startup times are around 10 seconds. GREAT. NOW THE PUZZLING PART..... I shut down and remove the new ssd and reconnect my original 860 evo, reinstalled the graphics card and booted.....everything worked fine. I went to power options and set fastboot back to on and shutdown......it shutdown in 3 seconds instead of the 30 I was originally getting. OKAY so I start it boot it back up and it boots in less than 10 seconds.....Why is it working now? All I did made no difference to the original setup. STRANGE.

I still do not have my mouse staying lighted when the system is off...... it used to do that.....yes I fixed the usb power setting to always stay on.....but its not working like it did when I first built the pc.

D

Deleted member 14196

The mouse and the keyboard are not supposed to stay lit when the powers off—in fact, that really annoys me when that happens