Question New system buggy

Aug 24, 2019
I just built my first pc and I'm running into a bit of a problem. I started to experience weird graphical glitches similar to this https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/top-left-glitch-flickering.2122176/ during the game launch. I first started experiencing it when I loaded GTA V. This was also accompanied by a constant clicking in the audio, mainly from the left side. I now hear the audio clicking anytime something happens on screen (like scrolling through a web page, and playing other games) I haven't seen the first glitch since yesterday, but I am seeing lines occasionally flicker across the screen. I tryed to ddu my graphics driver and do a clean install, but it keeps happening

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO
Memory: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 5700
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650 W 80+ Platinum
Also a usb audio interface

Aug 24, 2019
See if this video is any help.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChiROFNHObo

Check if all your Display Settings are correct.
It is some help, using the intigrated sound works fine but the usb interface is wonky. Im moreso concerned about the graphical glitching. My display settings should be fine

You might be lagging due to your sound solution; try uninstalling any USB sound, and run integrated sound to see if all is well...

As to the root cause of the USB sound solution not keeping up with game 'X" within WIn10, who knows....

(you could experiment with which type of USB port you are connected to, maybe some suffer from inherent latency issues depending on whether USB2.0 or 3.0, etc... (no certainty at all that 3.0 compatible ports will work 'better', despite it seeming so)

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019
You might be lagging due to your sound solution; try uninstalling any USB sound, and run integrated sound to see if all is well...

As to the root cause of the USB sound solution not keeping up with game 'X" within WIn10, who knows....

(you could experiment with which type of USB port you are connected to, maybe some suffer from inherent latency issues depending on whether USB2.0 or 3.0, etc... (no certainty at all that 3.0 compatible ports will work 'better', despite it seeming so)
thanks for the response. I tried uninstalling the usb audio driver without luck, and I just tried using hdmi instead of display port with no luck