Question New System Build not posting to BIOS/No Signal

Kizza176

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
Hi All,

I've just bought a whole new system (Except the Case, PSU & HDD's/SSD)

The Specs are as below

Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming Motherboard
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0 High Performance
GTX 770 (currently waiting for RX5700)
Corsair CX750M
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
2 x Sata 1TB HDD

The issue I'm having is that when I boot the PC for the first time after putting it all together, is that there is no image displayed on the monitor. I'm assuming that it's not posting at all and I'm not reaching the BIOS.
I've tried all of the below steps to try identify the issue, and I think I've narrowed it down to a faulty Mobo

Taken out the two sticks of RAM and slotted into each Ram Slot and restarting.
Tried both HDMI from the motherboard and GPU.
Taken out graphics card .
Reseated all power connectors (including GPU, 8-Pin CPU & 24-pin mobo)
Disconnected the Hard Drives with a USB connected with Windows 10 installation media.
Reseated the CPU to double check it was put in correctly.

After I get home from work I'm going to take out the motherboard to see if it's an issue with grounding in the case.

All I've done is remove the old motherboard, installed the CPU, RAM, Cooler & GPU and put back into the original case with the CPU & power connectors still in there.
So I don't believe it's an issue with my PSU as I was using my PC just before I rebuilt with the new components.

Any help is appreciated!

Kizza176

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
To add to the above, the fans, and Mobo RGB lighting comes on when I power on the PC. There is no image of the Motherboard displayed, my monitor displays a no signal image.
It's not an issue with the monitor as I can connect it to my laptop and use it.

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
most likely a mobo issue. do you have an old mobo and cpu that you could throw all the other components onto to make sure ? then if that works you know its either cpu or mobo. after that i would recommend returning the mobo and trying a new one =)

Kizza176

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
most likely a mobo issue. do you have an old mobo and cpu that you could throw all the other components onto to make sure ? then if that works you know its either cpu or mobo. after that i would recommend returning the mobo and trying a new one =)

That's my guess, the only components I've changed are CPU, Motherboard and RAM. So most likely a CPU or Motherboard issue is my guess.
I don't have any other components I can swap for unfortunately.

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
That's my guess, the only components I've changed are CPU, Motherboard and RAM. So most likely a CPU or Motherboard issue is my guess.
I don't have any other components I can swap for unfortunately.
ahh that sucks, well you best option is to return the motherboard, try it, and then if it still doesnt work return the cpu too. bit tedious but hey

Kizza176

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
ahh that sucks, well you best option is to return the motherboard, try it, and then if it still doesnt work return the cpu too. bit tedious but hey
I've checked the mobo manual and I'm getting a DRAM yellow light on the on-board LED.
I was suspecting faulty RAM but I've checked both RAM sticks against every slot but still no boot.
Then I suspected that it was not compatible but after checking https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_QVL/ The RAM is compatible.

I'm guessing that the likely hood is that the motherboard has faulty RAM slots?

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
if the ram is faulty then the system wont post, as i have seen in the past, your stuck in a bad place now as you there is no way to test to see if it is the motherboard that is bad or if it is the ram that it is bad. your best option is to try this new ram on your old motherboard, if that works then you know that it is the motherboard that is bad

Kizza176

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
if the ram is faulty then the system wont post, as i have seen in the past, your stuck in a bad place now as you there is no way to test to see if it is the motherboard that is bad or if it is the ram that it is bad. your best option is to try this new ram on your old motherboard, if that works then you know that it is the motherboard that is bad
Thanks for the reply! I've had the new motherboard arrive today and I'm sad to say that it's not posting....
So bad RAM it is then. Can I just double check that this RAM is compatible with this Motherboard? I'm 99.9% sure it is but just wanted to be 100% sure

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CG3XJ6F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0134EW7G8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kizza176

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
yes that ram is supported. it may also be the cpu that is dead dont forget.
So ive just installed a replacement CPU and my PC is still not booting...
The only thing i can guess is that its a power issue? Ive tried using different wall connections, the lights on the case come on etc. And i used this in my previous system which was i7 4790k

Please help!

Kizza176

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
So ive just installed a replacement CPU and my PC is still not booting...
The only thing i can guess is that its a power issue? Ive tried using different wall connections, the lights on the case come on etc. And i used this in my previous system which was i7 4790k

Please help!
By this i mean my psu which is corsair cx750m

Kizza176

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2012
The only problem is you need to have BIOS updated with a processor that works on a lower version number.

Ryzen 5 3600 (3.6GHz,65W,L3:32M,6C,B0)ALL4804

You need to update to version 4804 or higher You need to use a different processor to get the system running in order to flash BIOS.

Thanks for the reply! I've since changed my mobo but the issue remains the same. https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING-rev-10#kf

So in a world where I don't have a 2xxx series CPU, what's my options? Do I need to buy a x570?