I currently have

I7 8700k
MSI z370 gaming pro carbon
16gb ddr4 3000mhz ram
MSI gtx 1080
Soundblaster zx
Evga 850 watt psu
Corsair h115i pro

I built this system the other day every thing is okay everything was okay installed Windows 10 64 bit from usb updated all drivers BIOS and drivers etc .

I'm using m.2 Samsung 970 Evo 250gb SSD, found drive straight away then windows up dates but I have noticed when I'm in windows everyone I click on a icon the system will pause and become unresponsive. What shall I do installed Windows again or is it a GPU driver. Other then this problem the system is quick and temps look okay when using Corsair 115i pro aio. What do you suggest I do as it is pausing in games to the fps will go from 60 to 7 fps and drop back up then be okay for a little while.

Thanks

Chris buckman.

Get NVIDIA GeForce experience. Update your GPU driver using that. If it's on the latest. Roll-back back the driver and re-update.

If not, I'd suggest a clean re-install while the system is still new and you haven't spend too much time settings all your things up.

Sep 20, 2018
Thanks for the help I thought it might be my graphics driver because windows update installed an out dated driver it wasn't until I went to do the 1803 update for Windows that's when I I stalled the latest driver or maybe I should install again from disc instead of usb maybe the windows bugged out when installing somehow. What you think it's definitely a driver issue causing the long load times when. Clicking on icon w or programs to load.

Sep 20, 2018
I was thinking maybe it's my pverclock that is doing it as I was playing GTA v and it would have serious stuttering in games it would lock up and have fps drops.
I don't really want to install windows if that's not it.

Sep 20, 2018

My temps are good I tried to pverclock to 5.0ghz and the temps didn't go over 60 while playing GTA v but it was pausing frequently if you understand me and it done it on mafia 3 as well

TRENDING THREADS