Nov 12, 2018
After realising I needed a new pc decided to build another. My current one of 5 years is starting to fall behind.

I ordered all the new parts:-
Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Corsair RM750x 80PLUS 750w fully modular ATX power supply
Aorus Z390 AORUS PRO (Socket 1151/Z390 Express/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX)
Intel CORE I5-9600K 3.70GHZ SKT1151 9MB CACHE
Noctua NH-U12A Asymmetric Single Tower CPU Cooler, 7 Heatpipes, 2x 120mm NF-A12x25 PWM Fans
16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-25600 (3200), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 16-18-18-36, XMP 2.0, 1.35V
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR OC 8GB GDDR6 Ray-Tracing Graphics Card
1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2.5” SSD, SATA III 6Gb/s, MJX, MLC 3D V-NAND, 1GB Cache, Read 550MB/s, Write 520MB/s,

So far I got as far as getting all but the graphics card mounted in the case. Checked everything was secure and powered it up. 1st time it went to BIOS since I didn't have a OS installed at all. I did think some of the numbers were a little odd. The 3.7GHZ processor was apparently at 4.3, the 3200 ram 2x8gb was 2133. so that was my first thought something might be iffy. I proceeding to install Windows 10 USB. I shut it down to go find the chipset drivers and take a small break.
Except it didn't power up again when I returned.. When you turn the switch on psu on the mobo flashes once but when you go to turn it on...nothing. Maybe a bit of a click sound. I checked all the cables, making sure everything is snug and secure.

Now im sat here wondering if something is busted. I got just under 2 weeks before the cover for things that could go wrong runs out and I lose out. :/

Any help would be wonderful.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Nov 12, 2018
I've been through the list and I'm running into a couple of issues. I can't really test the PSU because I don't have access to another unit and I don't have a system speaker ( it didn't come with the board) and far as I can tell there's nothing else I can find .Mobo flashes when you connect power, but nothing powers up, not even a slight spin of a fan. Could the PSU or Motherboard be faulty?Really am at a loss :(

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I've been through the list and I'm running into a couple of issues. I can't really test the PSU because I don't have access to another unit and I don't have a system speaker ( it didn't come with the board) and far as I can tell there's nothing else I can find .Mobo flashes when you connect power, but nothing powers up, not even a slight spin of a fan. Could the PSU or Motherboard be faulty?Really am at a loss :(
Have you tried powering up by shorting the power pins on the motherboard and completing removing the front panel connections?

You may also just want to verify if the PSU works at all, you can do a paperclip test to see if it at least functions.

With nothing happening at all, I would put most likely causes as:
  • Incorrect or damaged cabling.
  • Faulty PSU
  • Faulty MB.
After trying the short on the MB, breadboard the PC and see if you yield any results. Remove all components until you're left with ONLY PSU, MB, CPU, CPU Cooler, 1 stick of RAM and try again on integrated.