[SOLVED] New System (Buzzing, Cpu Power connection issue)

Dec 29, 2018
Hello everyone.

I have got a brand new build and also 2 problems.

1) The installation was made by store and the system was tested for 15-20 secs whether if it's working or not. Everything seems ok. Then I got PC and installed OS and played some games for 1-2 days. Today, I was going to install my old drive to PC and I realized that the CPU PWR installation was wrong. There are 4+4 pins CPU PWR cable on my PSU and just 6 of pins were plugged to CPU PWR on motherboard. Namely, right 2 pins on the board were empty and 2 pins coming from PSU were not plugged at all. The cable is 4+4 CPU power cable and it's correct however the installation is wrong. The shape of pins don't match with port due to wrong installation but somehow he managed to plug it. Here is a picture to let you guys figure it out better. As you can see from the image, the installation is wrong. The computer was working normal and I didn't realize something weird. But I'm worying that does this case cause any damage or problem to pc components that I have not realized yet? If so how can I make sure it didn't cause any damage or something? As I said pc was opening without a problem. PC Buzzer were not plugged so I have no idea about sound alarms but if there was a problem I think I would see a warning message or the system wouldn't boot normally?

m9v9zc.jpg

2) There is buzzing noise coming from PC CASE and headphones which increases while in game menus especially when I get very high FPS in game menus. The noise still comes when I am not in game but much lower.

I hope you guys can help me.

SYSTEM SPECS

GeForce RTX 2080 DUKE 8G OC

Intel Core I7-9700K

MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS

GSKILL 16GB (2x8GB) SniperX DDR4 3200MHz CL16 1.35V

Samsung 500GB 970 EVO M.2 Sata NVMe SSD

Zalman Z9 NEO PLUS CASE

Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700W

Solution
You need a new PSU, the one you have isn't good at all and I would absolutely NOT use that PSU.

Change it out before it goes and takes something else with it.

Better options and 750W. (Much better cabling options)

Seasonic Focus Plus
EVGA G2 or G3
Corsair RMX
You need a new PSU, the one you have isn't good at all and I would absolutely NOT use that PSU.

Change it out before it goes and takes something else with it.

Better options and 750W. (Much better cabling options)

Seasonic Focus Plus
EVGA G2 or G3
Corsair RMX

Solution
Dec 29, 2018

Thanks for your comment. I think I will RMA the PSU. Do you think that wrong cpu power installation caused any problem?

I wouldn't RMA it, you will end up with another POS PSU, the one you have is junk.

Get a better quality unit.