[SOLVED] New system - few questions

Dec 30, 2018
I wanted to get some feedback on parts I bought for my new system. Here's the list:

Ryzen 7 2700X
Noctua NH-U12S SE CPU cooler
Asus Prime X470 Pro
G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz 2x8Gb
EVGA 750W G3
EVGA RTX 2080 Ultra
Cooler Master H500M

This is built for 1440p 144Hz+ gaming. Have the Pixio PX329 right now, I think it's decent enough and cheap to keep for now.

Anyway, two questions:

1. Is there anything wrong/mismatched with the build? I'm not really planning on any serious overclocking right now as this should work as is with current games. Down the road, I'm sure...

2. What software should I use to control all of this? Right now I see MSI Afterburner, Ryzen Master, GeForce Experience, NXZT CAM, etc. They all overlap, but also have unique futures. I don't want to have 3 programs competing for in-game overlay space... Sorry, a little new to this, so if there is a guide somewhere that summarizes this that I missed, I'd love to get a link.

Thanks!

Solution
the good thing about the 2--- X series ryzens is that it will boost quite high out of the box - so it's probably not much of an issue if you decide to wait a bit on the cpu side of things.

generally cpu overclocking/ memory speed (set the xmp profile to get the memory to its 3200mhz, otherwise it will be running at 2133 or something low like that) is done in the bios on bootup (press del or f2 or f11 or one of them at launch). definitely watch a 2700x overclocking guide on youtube before attempting to overclock the cpu.

graphics card is easier to oc - msi afterburner will do the job fine for the gpu.

- i assume you haven't forgotten an ssd or hdd for storage.

rustigsmed

Distinguished
the good thing about the 2--- X series ryzens is that it will boost quite high out of the box - so it's probably not much of an issue if you decide to wait a bit on the cpu side of things.

generally cpu overclocking/ memory speed (set the xmp profile to get the memory to its 3200mhz, otherwise it will be running at 2133 or something low like that) is done in the bios on bootup (press del or f2 or f11 or one of them at launch). definitely watch a 2700x overclocking guide on youtube before attempting to overclock the cpu.

graphics card is easier to oc - msi afterburner will do the job fine for the gpu.

- i assume you haven't forgotten an ssd or hdd for storage.

Solution
Dec 30, 2018

Thanks! Yes I got 970 Pro 512, probably overkill but it was only $30 more than Evo...