Feb 24, 2019
Greetings all,

I have recently ordered my new system, i'm so happy about it since i haven't got something new since 2014!

The specs will be:
-Case: Corsair 275R
-Motherboard: MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge WiFi
-CPU: Ryzen 3800x
-CPU Cooler: Stock Wraith Prism
-GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super
-RAM: 32GB DDR4 2666Mhz
-Storage: XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
-PSU: EVGA 750GQ 80+ Gold
-Monitor: AOC 32" 2K 144hz, Curved VA Panel
(probably i will also get a UPS, because during summer there are some power cuts where i live, and i would like to avoid frying any of my parts)

I usually do a nice research before buying something expensive, but this time i thought like "what can possibly go wrong since every single part is from a well named brand and not on the budget side of cost"..
But as i am waiting i did some research (because of the excitement of what i will get soon), and i found out some things...
First of all, a lot of reviewers were saying that the MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge WiFi motherboard, is having temperature issues specifically in the VRM area (some reviewers were referring to temperatures above 100 C). Their tests were having 3900x as the CPU, and not a proper airflow (probably they run tests out of a PC case).
Although i also found out that, to a lot of users this is not an issue if you don't overclock the system and if you have a decent airflow.
I also e-mailed MSI and asked them what is all this about, and they said that they didn't have any issues with this kind of setup and if i stumble upon any issues to message them again (wasn't expecting from them to admit such a thing obviously, but meh..)
Is anyone aware of such issues (by personal experience and not by the reviews)?
Also here comes the second question, since i am getting the Corsair 275R as the case, i am trying to find out which will be the best fan setup for this case to avoid any dangerous temperatures.
After more research on this matter, i think that 2x140mm fans in front as intake, and then 1x140mm at the back + 2x140mm fans on top as exhausts (producing a negative air pressure in the case) to get all my hot air out of my case fast enough (i don't mind dust as i am planning to clean my case 1-2 times per month).

To conclude, because i cannot change the components at the moment, and let's skip the part that i decided to mount a high end CPU and GPU onto a 210€ motherboard and store them all in a 80€ case (thought it would be enough), i would like to hear some opinions on this matter.
What would be the best way to avoid heat issues with this setup (if there are any, since i am not planning to OC anything), will i need a different fan setup from what i described? should i try and get a fan to blow air directly on the VRM?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Solution
Greetings all,

I have recently ordered my new system, i'm so happy about it since i haven't got something new since 2014!

The specs will be:
(probably i will also get a UPS, because during summer there are some power cuts where i live, and i would like to avoid frying any of my parts)

I usually do a nice research before buying something expensive, but this time i thought like "what can possibly go wrong since every single part is from a well named brand...
Jul 19, 2018
Greetings all,

The specs will be:

I usually do a nice research before buying something expensive, but this time i thought like "what can possibly go wrong since every single part is from a well named brand and not on the budget side of cost"..
But as i am waiting i did some research (because of the excitement of what i will get soon), and i found out some things...
First of all, a lot of reviewers were saying that the MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge WiFi motherboard, is having temperature issues specifically in the VRM area (some reviewers were referring to temperatures above 100 C). Their tests were having 3900x as the CPU, and not a proper airflow (probably they run tests out of a PC case).
Although i also found out that, to a lot of users this is not an issue if you don't overclock the system and if you have a decent airflow.
I also e-mailed MSI and asked them what is all this about, and they said that they didn't have any issues with this kind of setup and if i stumble upon any issues to message them again (wasn't expecting from them to admit such a thing obviously, but meh..)
Is anyone aware of such issues (by personal experience and not by the reviews)?
Also here comes the second question, since i am getting the Corsair 275R as the case, i am trying to find out which will be the best fan setup for this case to avoid any dangerous temperatures.
After more research on this matter, i think that 2x140mm fans in front as intake, and then 1x140mm at the back + 2x140mm fans on top as exhausts (producing a negative air pressure in the case) to get all my hot air out of my case fast enough (i don't mind dust as i am planning to clean my case 1-2 times per month).

To conclude, because i cannot change the components at the moment, and let's skip the part that i decided to mount a high end CPU and GPU onto a 210€ motherboard and store them all in a 80€ case (thought it would be enough), i would like to hear some opinions on this matter.
What would be the best way to avoid heat issues with this setup (if there are any, since i am not planning to OC anything), will i need a different fan setup from what i described? should i try and get a fan to blow air directly on the VRM?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I'm running a X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI with a 3900x. Yes, it hits the 100*C mark when stress testing VRMS, but that doesn't bother me. As long as it runs stable (which it is), it's fine because I'm actually got proper airflow

If you are definetly worried about temperatures, you should get an X570 board from a different manufacturer such as Gigabyte

Solution
Feb 24, 2019
I'm running a X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI with a 3900x. Yes, it hits the 100*C mark when stress testing VRMS, but that doesn't bother me. As long as it runs stable (which it is), it's fine because I'm actually got proper airflow

If you are definetly worried about temperatures, you should get an X570 board from a different manufacturer such as Gigabyte

Hey mate, thanks for your reply!
i don't know if those two motherboard have a lot of differences in case of VRM temperatures, and i am not planning to do any stress test on my rig, sadly i cannot swap my motherboard with something different, if i knew it earlier, i would have spend 100€ more and have gotten a better motheboard, but for now i am trying to find out the best possible solution with what i've got.
Cheers!

Jul 19, 2018
Hey mate, thanks for your reply!
i don't know if those two motherboard have a lot of differences in case of VRM temperatures, and i am not planning to do any stress test on my rig, sadly i cannot swap my motherboard with something different, if i knew it earlier, i would have spend 100€ more and have gotten a better motheboard, but for now i am trying to find out the best possible solution with what i've got.
Cheers!

Yeah, if you're not going to do any stress testing or overclocking, it's good enough