Question New System - No Display, All Fans Spin, DRAM light flashes for a brief moment as GPU Fans slow and then go back to normal speed.

Coinbro

Prominent
Dec 26, 2020
I'll start with a list of PC parts. all of which are brand new and shouldn't be broken. But I'll list when I bought them just in case that holds a lead.

Motherboard:

MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi (about a month ago)

PSU:

Super Flower Leadex III 750W 80+ Gold / Seasonic Focus Px-750 (Both are over a couple months old, and produce identical results. Fans spin when powered on which should mean that they are functional.)

GPU:

ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 Overclocked 6G GDDR6 Dual-Fan EVO Edition (A couple days ago)

RAM:

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (Yesterday)

Okay now onto the issue, I've been struggling with PC issues for about half a year now. Saving extra funds to simply replace all my parts to attempt to get a working system to game on as well as do my work.

I've made sure that all parts are functional together, RAM matching the motherboard's QVL, making sure the GPU is alright, and a BIOS flash to ensure that my CPU functions with the motherboard.

The issue is that the DRAM light flashes in cycles matching the GPU's fans as they slow do spinning for just a moment before beginning once again. That's the only sign that my motherboard's debug LEDs provide me as I'm meant with a completely black screen with only a no display sign. I've tested the monitor with another HDMI device, and it seems to function completely fine.

I'm really not sure what could be the problem here, any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Coinbro

Prominent
Dec 26, 2020
It worked temporarily, but I didn't have my keyboard in the room at the time so I missed my opportunity to correct the issue. Now the CMOS reset does nothing, and im still left with the same issue.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
You seem to be not alone in this issue, MSI may have issued a new Bios update. But to do that, need to get the system on.
Two things to check, cpu is seating flush in the socket and there are no bent or broken pins on it.
Use silver thermal paste not white. Then insert just one of the sticks and try to start it that way. Have your KB connected.