New System, No Display

SonicGamer

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am having some issues with my newly built Computer.

CPU: AMD FX-6300
Motherboard: M5A97 LE R2.0 - ASUS
GPU: R9 280X
RAM: Team Elite 8gb (One Stick)
PSU: Rosewill 600 Watt Bronze Cert

I have taken it apart and rebuilt it a few times, I have performed all steps in the "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist Thread. The one thing I do not have yet is a speaker for the motherboard so I am a bit out of thoughts on what to do.

I have tried it with my old monitor from my old tower, which it works with, and my TV (both through HDMI) and both just say "No Signal"

CPU is seated correctly, Video card is seated, ram is seated, when I press power button everything fires up like its working, all fans, case and CPU work, video card fans work, hard drive is spinning. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

The FX-6300 doesn't have integrated graphics. The M5A97 LE R2.0 motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics either.

OP - Have you breadboarded the system to ensure the problem isn't being caused by a short?

SonicGamer

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015
Having only cpu, ram, psu, and gpu connected, I still get no display, my speaker will arrive on tuesday for the motherboard, I guess I am out of luck until then. I may go buy a crap cheap video card until then just to see if its the gpu.

I would try another GPU to see if the situation improves.

SonicGamer

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015
Ok, went and bought a cheap GT 640 - still no signal? Would that mean its the motherboard? I mean everything is still starting up and sounds like it should. Its my first time and I am at a loss sadly.