New system no signal display tried everything

Larmz90

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
First build, tried to troubleshoot but failed. No signal to monitor upon startup. I dont think theres a POST beep either. Tried like 3 lists of online troubleshooting to no avail. Pc turns on. Fans and power led work. Restart button doesnt seem to restart as such but it makes the mobo do its debug light thing again

Z170a sli plus mobo
1070 asus gpu
Intel 7500 cpu
Corsair 750 psu gold
Stock cooler
Deepcool tesseract case
Sandisk ssd
Seagate hd
Asus 25inch g257hl monitor
No hdd

I tred running without graphics card too but no change in problem.

Debug lights/tones dont display or beep unless i try to boot without cpu or ram connected. Also, on startup ive noticed the cpu and ram debug light briefly flash red as if testing, then go off as if verified or whatever, whereas the VGA debug light does not illuminate at all, not even for a second.

Ive done the process to clear cmos too. And tried 1 ram stick at a time. Tried several fan slots and reseated mobo. Breadboarded it or whatever. I used static mat and wristrap thing at all times and was vigilant during build and at all times.

Lastly, i have rgb(vga ) cable and dvi and hdmi plugged into monitor so i can test all at once incase one port is faulty. I e tried individually too. when i remove or add vga cable to mobo the monitor reacts briefly as if it has felt something, by cycling through its vga, dvi hdmi detector thing (still no signal) but the monitor does not react at all to dvi or hdmi cable being added or removed.

No idea if this is meaningful. Totally at a loss. Please help.

Solution

Hey mate and any future readers, I fixed my problem!!!

The shop I bought the mobo from had not updated it to Kabylake compatible bios when they sent it out to me. It rendered my 7500 processor useless. I bought a cheap pre kabylake processor and switched it out for the 7500 and SHE LIVES!!!! Straight away POST beep, straight away monitor signal. Used it to update bios on the mobo, turned it off, switched it back out for the kabylake 7500 cpu and boom, cooking with gas. Playing fallout 4 today happy as a pig in s***.

Hope this helps anyone out there - first build blues sucks...

Larmz90

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017

Hey mate and any future readers, I fixed my problem!!!

The shop I bought the mobo from had not updated it to Kabylake compatible bios when they sent it out to me. It rendered my 7500 processor useless. I bought a cheap pre kabylake processor and switched it out for the 7500 and SHE LIVES!!!! Straight away POST beep, straight away monitor signal. Used it to update bios on the mobo, turned it off, switched it back out for the kabylake 7500 cpu and boom, cooking with gas. Playing fallout 4 today happy as a pig in s***.

Hope this helps anyone out there - first build blues sucks, but I'm stoked to know nothing was my fault in terms of the build - purely a supplier update fail (they said they'd done it). Nevermind. Happy days.

Solution