[SOLVED] New System Performance advice

slatchley1

Reputable
Apr 29, 2018
I thought the new system would be faster and the Passmark tests indicate it should be although the memory and 2d were lower than the rest. Cant seem to insert a link to a screen grab of the results
The issue is that my apps are all running slower than before. My architectural app is noticeably dragging. Opening, closing, switching between apps. Photoshop, Lightroom, Softplan

New System
MSI x570a pro MB
Amd Ryzen 3700X
G Skills TridentZ RGB 32 (2x8)
MSI Radeon RX580
Sabrent 1TB Rocket MVMe 4.0
Win7

Old System
ASRock X99 Extreme6 LGA 2011-v3
Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 2011-v3
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800
XFX Radeon R9 290X
SAMSUNG XP941 MZHPU512HCGL-00004(0) M.2 2280 512GB PCI-Express 2.0 x4 MLC Solid State Drive
Win10

Last edited:
Solution
Naming type could be listed different. Just be sure you are downloading latest version specific to your board. Usually, you just drop the file to a fat32 formatted USB drive. Once in UEFI, find the UEFI update section and point to the file.

slatchley1

Reputable
Apr 29, 2018
All software up to date but I'll be honest I am minimally proficient with building computers and having just gotten this running Im nbot even sure how to update the UEFI. I will look into it. Interesting about the quad channel. Didnt even think about that. Just thought I was being more efficient as two of my other sticks were bad

Update: I went to MSI and see there is bios update and a sytem/chipset update. Guess I better do these

Naming type could be listed different. Just be sure you are downloading latest version specific to your board. Usually, you just drop the file to a fat32 formatted USB drive. Once in UEFI, find the UEFI update section and point to the file.

Solution

slatchley1

Reputable
Apr 29, 2018
Clearly something more is wrong as Win explorer takes forever to populate my storage disks if it does it at all. Lightroom wont start half the time and when it does wont import. Cant seem to format a usb drive to try a bios update. I was so happy with win 7 til my MB died. Is win 10 just terrible or do I have a major problem hiding in this new build?

TRENDING THREADS