[SOLVED] New system recommendations

Deathstrike1987

Prominent
Apr 10, 2019
Currently I have a system with a FX 8320 a 980 and 8gb of ram I have a 700w psu (thermal take smart RGB) and about 6tb of storage I am looking to upgrade to ddr4 because of how much power the new games need I have been looking around and put together a system like this
ASUS TUF AMD B450 PRO GAMING or a ASRock B450 Steel Legend
16 GB of 3600mhz Corsair vengeance non RGB ram
And a Ryzen 5 2600x
I don't need any storage as have a ssd for windows and the rest I have a 1tb HDD 2tb HDD and a 3tb hdd
For my card I will stick with my 980 (non ti) and to power it like I said above I have a pretty much new thermaltake smart RGB psu (only got it a couple of months ago)
Do you guys have any recommendations or changes I should do
Thanks alot

Reactions: geckovic02
Solution
Not particularly crazy about the Thermaltake Smart RGB as it's just a cheapo PSU that they slapped RGB onto. Regardless, a 2600x with a B450 motherboard would be an excellent upgrade given that it's hard to get the full benefits of your GPU on your current platform.
Currently I have a system with a FX 8320 a 980 and 8gb of ram I have a 700w psu (thermal take smart RGB) and about 6tb of storage I am looking to upgrade to ddr4 because of how much power the new games need I have been looking around and put together a system like this
ASUS TUF AMD B450 PRO GAMING or a ASRock B450 Steel Legend
16 GB of 3600mhz Corsair vengeance non RGB ram
And a Ryzen 5 2600x
I don't need any storage as have a ssd for windows and the rest I have a 1tb HDD 2tb HDD and a 3tb hdd
For my card I will stick with my 980 (non ti) and to power it like I said above I have a pretty much new thermaltake smart RGB psu (only got it a couple of months ago)
Do you guys have any recommendations or changes I should do
Thanks alot
Check the RAM is on the motherboards QVL list for than Gen of CPUs

DSzymborski

Titan
Not particularly crazy about the Thermaltake Smart RGB as it's just a cheapo PSU that they slapped RGB onto. Regardless, a 2600x with a B450 motherboard would be an excellent upgrade given that it's hard to get the full benefits of your GPU on your current platform.

Solution

Deathstrike1987

Prominent
Apr 10, 2019
Ok will the thermaltake be safe with this upgrade or will it put more stress on it and what motherboard should I get