Build Advice New system running slow

Apr 10, 2019
Hello all,

I recently built my first PC. My previous was a "gaming laptop" so I decided it was time to upgrade. I am a fan of anything from FPS to Elite Dangerous, survival games, War Thunder, Etc. I have noticed that the PC seems to benchmark and play much worse than comparable builds. I have a friend who is very knowledgeable in computers help me assemble it. So far, it has booted fine every time and has not had any issues in a strict "it works" sense. The CPU is overclocked to 5ghz after messing around with stability and temperatures. The CPU stays constant at around 55 C when gaming. The GPU gets pretty warm at around 65 C when gaming. It is overclocked, but very slightly. I have plans to add two more case fans right under the GPU to supplement cooling. Is there something I am doing wrong? I want to optimize this build to get performance and longevity and right now it is not performing the best.

Build Specs:

ASUS STRIX Z390-E Gaming
i5-9600k
RTX 2080 FE
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
Corsair CX-M 650W
Corsair H100i
Corsair LL120 fans
Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic Black
Samsung 970 EVO 250 GB
Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB
Alienware aw3418dw (120 hz, 3440x1440)

Thank you,
Noah

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

You have left the most important component in your computer out of this equation and that’s the power supply. What is your power supply?

Also removed all over clocks and retest gaming that way