Question New System Woes

Apr 13, 2019
Just got my new system assembled and it's been a nightmare trying to get things to work so far.

First off everything booted fine, configured my boot priority to a flash drive and tried to boot off a thumb drive to install Windows 7 Ultimate. Part way through the install i get a brief BSOD that forced the computer to reboot. After post, windows loading screen then BSOD and reboots again, over and over.

I try enabling XMP memory profile and updating the BIOS. Then I get 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps on post with no video. Trying clearing the RTC, reseating ram, video card in a different slot, only way to get it past POST is to remove video card and use onboard video. Ok, got video again. So I try booting off the thumb drive to install windows. Except now everytime I boot I'm stuck booting straight into the BIOS config.. and the 970 isn't showing up as a boot option. I disabled the secure boot, fast boot, and enabled CSM.

Perfect, now I can boot from a thumb drive and try to install windows... Except same issue. get through most of the install and get BSODs that keep repeating.

So I grab a spare mechanial 500GB SATA drive and install windows to that. Installs perfect, up until I reach the screen "starting windows for the first time" where it then prompts for a username to continue with setup.
At this point in the install, all my USB ports lose power and I have no keyboard or mouse. At boot, everything powers up and works fine, but flakes out at the same portion of the windows setup.

About to lose my mind. Thinking the mobo might have some issues or maybe a bad BIOS firmware. Or maybe my EVO is bad since it lets me install to a mechanical sata but not the NVMe ??

Specs:

I7-8700
ASUS H370 Plus
Nvidia GTX-650
32GB HyperX 2666
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Apr 13, 2019
full system spec?

ASUS PRIME H370 Plus
Intel I7-8700 (3.2 GHz / 12MB cache)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series - 500GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7S500B/AM)
HyperX Fury Black 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM Kit of 2 (HX426C16FBK2/32)
Seasonic Platinum 660W ATX 12V 24PIN Active PFC 80PLUS Platinum Fully Modular DC to DC Power Supply
ASUS GTX 650TI 1GD5 (currently removed since POST beeps)

Still working on it today.
I suspect the issues I have might be driver related- this board might not be Windows 7 compatible. Not having much luck loading drivers with the install either.