Question New system wont boot, trouble code changes..

ender1877

Commendable
Aug 8, 2018
Hello,

I just got done installing the system below, not my first build. I am getting a dram trouble light on the mobo. I called the corsair did troubleshooting with them, nothing. I called asus they had me do alot of removing of components, cmos battery, installing old ram and they said it should work with my build but it didn't. The odd part is when I do the old ram it it goes from a yellow dram light to a white vga light and yellow boot. Asus said get a new mobo, so one is on the way. I just would like to confirm if possible that, that is truly the issue. My personal hang-up is that the ram isn't on the QVL list which I usually follow, but pcpartpicker said it work and ive reads posts with people using the same ram with the same mobo. Thanks for any help

ender1877

Commendable
Aug 8, 2018
Sure, some stuff slips past QA and arrives faulty, it's entirely possible that happened with your motherboard.
I would be fine with that, I just wasn't sure if there are any other things I should look out for. I ordered a different set of ram that was on the list, it will be in here the same day so I can test it.

ender1877

Commendable
Aug 8, 2018
I’ve tried it without my video with no changes, card is new as well but I’ve been running for weeks including the morning of the build. I can try without the m2 when I get home later this evening. I called asus again and attempted there support, a different person said the ram should be working. That it won’t even post, they are convinced the mobo is bad.

ender1877

Commendable
Aug 8, 2018
Sooo installed new mobo, tried taking out m2, tried different power supply and same error. I’m assuming now it’s the processor...it’s just so odd that when I changed rams it goes from a a dram light to a vga light and then shortly after boot light.

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
Sooo installed new mobo, tried taking out m2, tried different power supply and same error. I’m assuming now it’s the processor...it’s just so odd that when I changed rams it goes from a a dram light to a vga light and then shortly after boot light.
On internet many people are facing problems with z490 motherboards do you have a b460, h470 mother board or your friends in which you can try your processor first.