[SOLVED] New system won't boot

Jul 15, 2021
Just received my new system that a shop built for me with a 3080ti and 5800x.. Now at first the red VGA light was on and it would not boot. Everything was spinning and all the lightning was there, after re-seating the gpu and re-plugging all the power cords, now the debug lights turn on and goes from CPU, Dram, GPU then the light goes away, I guess that means it should be fine. But I can't get a connection to either of my monitors using display port, Iv tried 3 different cables.

They said they did a 2 hour stress test and everything was fine before shipping it.

Mobo is MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK

What might my issue be?

Solution
even if they're building it right it doesn't sound like they're packaging it right for shipment. I can only imagine what the damage to the PCIe socket was with the first debacle and how careful the repair was.

are you plugging the monitor into the right port? it should be one on the GPU, not one on the motherboard I/O panel in back.
Jul 15, 2021
if it is shop build and not working why are you not taking it back to the shop?
It's my second time returning it, first time the gpu was bent because the pcie pin had broken off so they replaced it, if this isn't to hard of a fix I would rather not send it back again and wait another 1-2 weeks

even if they're building it right it doesn't sound like they're packaging it right for shipment. I can only imagine what the damage to the PCIe socket was with the first debacle and how careful the repair was.

are you plugging the monitor into the right port? it should be one on the GPU, not one on the motherboard I/O panel in back.

Last edited:
Solution

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
I'd go through and make sure all the psu wires and plugged in properly, ram, reseat the GPU. If that doesn't work... Return it and build your own. Or just do a charge back and tell em they can have someone come by, box and pickup. Ridiculous.