[SOLVED] new system won't post

Aug 22, 2019
Im having an issue with my freshly built system not being able to post. I originally plugged everything in correctly, and it didn't post, I then took everything out and just tried plugging 24 pin, and 8 pin into mb and then my cpu fan and that's it. Only thing turning on still is my RGB lighting on the mainboard. Fan on PSU kicked on when I did the paperclip test into the 24 pin, but then fan does not kick on once I plug it into the mb, which I find strange. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

• ASUS ROG Max Hero XI Wifi
  • Intel i7 9700k
  • Corsair DDR4 Vengeance 16 gb 3200mhz
  • Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 super
  • Samsung 860 evo 500gb SSD
  • Corsair 650w 80plus

Solution
Firstly, you will need at least 1 stick of RAM to test on a breadboarded system. The PC will never boot without at least 1 module (where you only did PSU, MB, and CPU with fan).

What exact Corsair model PSU is it?
The paperclip test unfortunately only tests that the PSU can power up with effectively no load, not that it can give correct and stable output.

Has this system worked before and now suddenly stopped or not worked at all?
As Anort suggested, also go through every step of this guide first: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Firstly, you will need at least 1 stick of RAM to test on a breadboarded system. The PC will never boot without at least 1 module (where you only did PSU, MB, and CPU with fan).

What exact Corsair model PSU is it?
The paperclip test unfortunately only tests that the PSU can power up with effectively no load, not that it can give correct and stable output.

Has this system worked before and now suddenly stopped or not worked at all?
As Anort suggested, also go through every step of this guide first: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Solution
Aug 22, 2019
I forgot to mention I had both sticks of ram in as well, the PSU is the 650w 80plus bronze certified. This is the first time booting up with my new processor, new mb and new cpu cooler. Ram, PSU and SSD are the same as old setup.

TRENDING THREADS