[SOLVED] New Thermal Paste

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
I'm not sure if this is the right section but here goes... randomly looking at thermal pastes on Newegg for my laptop and I came across This paste. I tried Googling any reviews and besides their own website and 3 Amazon reviews, for what they might be worth, but couldn't find ANY review information about it. The website claims 11.25 W/mK with Amazon claiming 13 W/mK. Newegg say it was first available about a month ago and I know that technology gets better every day, but could this much of a no-name brand really be better than bigger names? Especially with this little review? If anyone has used this paste please let me know if it is really as good as claimed.

Solution
I'm not sure if this is the right section but here goes... randomly looking at thermal pastes on Newegg for my laptop and I came across This paste. I tried Googling any reviews and besides their own website and 3 Amazon reviews, for what they might be worth, but couldn't find ANY review information about it. The website claims 11.25 W/mK with Amazon claiming 13 W/mK. Newegg say it was first available about a month ago and I know that technology gets better every day, but could this much of a no-name brand really be better than bigger names? Especially with this little review? If anyone has used this paste please let me know if it is really as good as claimed.

The higher the W/Mk representing (Watts per meter-Kelvin). the...
W/mK is simply thermal conductivity rating, generally speaking the higher the better.

But the W/mK value itself doesn't ensure that your CPU won't overheat, if your RAD is not big enought or your RAD fan is dying, the thermal paste itself is of little help.

For many years I use Thermaltake paste with 4.5W/mK with a RAD with copper core and when I compare my Q9950 temp with various data from Internet, mine is one of the "coolest".

So I'd say stick with known brands like Thermaltake, Artic Silver..., make your sure computer case is well ventilated, and change the thermal paste every 2 or 3 years.

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
W/mK is simply thermal conductivity rating, generally speaking the higher the better.

But the W/mK value itself doesn't ensure that your CPU won't overheat, if your RAD is not big enought or your RAD fan is dying, the thermal paste itself is of little help.

For many years I use Thermaltake paste with 4.5W/mK with a RAD with copper core and when I compare my Q9950 temp with various data from Internet, mine is one of the "coolest".

So I'd say stick with known brands like Thermaltake, Artic Silver..., make your sure computer case is well ventilated, and change the thermal paste every 2 or 3 years.
I wanted to know for my laptop. I see the CPU spike into the 70s and 80s. It's not a gaming laptop in any way, This one here, and I can get some light gaming done when I'm not near my desktop but the temps spike and I just don't like those high temps. Heck, when idling the temps range from the 40s to hitting 60, and that's with having the laptop almost fully in tablet mode standing up to let the poor vent actually get air.

The higher the W/Mk representing (Watts per meter-Kelvin). the better the thermal conductivity and some initially think it to be electrical conductivity (until pointed out)
Here is a chart table listing many : https://tehnoblog.org/thermal-compounds-comparison-table/

I have used 3 that I would recommend as the best. AS5, MX4 and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut They are all above 8W/Mk. Ensure to follow the Manufacturers guide on how to apply for your CPU.
Some are only 2W/Mk which is crap IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: CompuTronix
Solution
I've tried MX4 on my laptop, and although it did reduce temps by about 5c on average over stock paste, I was a bit disappointed. Tried Noctua NT-H1, and it was much better. Another 5-10c drop at idle/low load, and temps never hitting over 80c with my I7 9750h running at 4ghz on all cores, playing BF5 for hours. I'd recommend trying it.

Last edited: