[SOLVED] New threadripper build, asus board, no post, code 07, dram light on

colossalbreacker

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
I'm really stumped on this one so any help would be appreciated.
parts list :

• ■ ryzen 1950x
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E
    ■ 2*16gb gskill trident z ram
    ■ asus 1080ti turbo (from an already running computer)
    ■ 750w psu (from an already running computer)
I first attempted to boot with all 32gb of ram installed and all parts connected. I received Q code 07 and the orange dram light was on. To troubleshoot I tried unplugging all the drives, using only one stick of ram, using a stick of ram i knew worked (8gb patriot stick), changing the gpu for an r7 270 and resetting cmos. I also tried to flash bios with the flash bios button but I saw no indication from the motherboard that anything was happening (no lights flashing). In all these cases the board just showed q code 07 and the orange dram light. Just to be more specific I have built a significant number of pcs, just never one this expensive haha.

Thank you so much for any help.

Solution
Nevermind I solved it myself, the PCIe extender I was using wasn't plugged all the way in even though the detent was snapped in. I also flashed the bios on the board with a different flash drive and it worked.

colossalbreacker

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
Nevermind I solved it myself, the PCIe extender I was using wasn't plugged all the way in even though the detent was snapped in. I also flashed the bios on the board with a different flash drive and it worked.

Solution