Question New To Building servers Whats the best i can get for 3 budgets?

Apr 10, 2019
Hello i am currently looking to build a server and have been doing a large amount of research online but cant find anything strong enough to solidify my questions, im looking to build a server with either a £300, £500 or £800 budget but cannot find something that would satisfy me for a build i have built a gaming PC before so i know a little about the subject. The server would mainly be holding documents and would be receiving video streams from cameras.

Apr 10, 2019
For the functions you listed, I wouldn't recommend building a server, I would recommend buying a commercial NAS.
The videos will be coming in from wireless cameras which only upload when switched on and will be for company documents and private network sharing. would you still recommend a commercial NAS?

kanewolf

Titan
The videos will be coming in from wireless cameras which only upload when switched on and will be for company documents and private network sharing. would you still recommend a commercial NAS?
Yes. The setup and management of a commercial NAS is so much simpler than building a server.
The cameras, how do they identify where to upload? NFS? FTP? The protocol they use may determine what you have to do.

USAFRet

Titan
NAS box, absolutely.
I have a 4 bay Qnap TS-453a.

Built in functionality and application for receiving video from IP cameras.
---------------------------------------
Comprehensive surveillance solution providing 24/7 security

Surveillance Station is a professional network surveillance Video Management System (VMS) that offers a user-friendly management interface, over 3,000 compatible IP camera models, and expandable IP camera channel licenses. It supports real-time monitoring, video & audio recording and playback with a wide range of customizable settings. You can also install the Vmobile app on your iOS® or Android™ devices to manage monitored channels anytime and anywhere to safeguard your office environment, or install the Vcam mobile app to turn your device into a network camera to instantly record to your TS-453A. The TS-453A includes 4 free IP camera channels and you can expand up to 40 channels by purchasing additional licenses.

---------------------------------------

I'm not saying buy that particular model, but just as an example of what comes with these things.

TRENDING THREADS