New to gaming pc

karmatik

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Left the ps3 console. Now I want to game (not hardcore but every once in a while if a good game comes out) on a pc. But I'm completely new or sort of. So.. Using this paste I found....

Approximate Purchase Date: undecided

Budget Range: prefer 500-700, but if necessary, go above. 800 my cap unless needed to go above lol

System Usage from Most to Least: multitask, Internet, gaming, Wincustomize, video editing

Parts Not Required: mouse (standard cute Logitech)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: preferred none, rather buy in store if can.. But online if needed

Parts Preferences: I dunno

Overclocking: What does this mean >_>

SLI or Crossfire: huh

Monitor Resolution: all I know is that I connect t through my laptop through an HDMI but screen resolution not important for now

Additional Comments: basically, I need a pc for mainly multitasking with high running processes and over heating. I would also like to use it for gaming such as Dishonored, God of War, Darksiders, Smite.

What is building really? Do you have to manually put it together? Or can you get a store do it? Do you build off a pre built desktop?

I prefer a pre built desktop if you can find a link lol. And how much would it cost to upgrade parts at a store like Stables or Best buy :3?

Sorry if I am new I this thing. And thanks

Solution
Your best off building your own machine, you'l get a much better result than you would buying one off the shelf or paying a store to make it and losing a fair chunk of your budget.
The cost of upgrading your rig is however much it costs to get the component in your hands. A store will no doubt charge something ridiculous if you go and ask them to put it in for you.

Overclocking is when you make your CPU, GPU or RAM run faster than its stock speed. A stock 3570k is 3.4Ghz, overclock it and you can have it running at 4Ghz or even higher if you wanted. You get more performance, at the cost of greater power consumption and temperatures. If your pushing a big overclock, it can also degrade the lifespan of the chip.

Crossfire/SLI is AMD and...
Your best off building your own machine, you'l get a much better result than you would buying one off the shelf or paying a store to make it and losing a fair chunk of your budget.
The cost of upgrading your rig is however much it costs to get the component in your hands. A store will no doubt charge something ridiculous if you go and ask them to put it in for you.

Overclocking is when you make your CPU, GPU or RAM run faster than its stock speed. A stock 3570k is 3.4Ghz, overclock it and you can have it running at 4Ghz or even higher if you wanted. You get more performance, at the cost of greater power consumption and temperatures. If your pushing a big overclock, it can also degrade the lifespan of the chip.

Crossfire/SLI is AMD and Nvidia's (respectively) technologies for running their graphics cards in tandem. At you budget and usage, don't worry about this.

This rig I think will serve you well.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($80.91 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.80 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($255.91 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair C70 Gunmetal Black (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $717.77
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-27 10:17 EDT-0400)

Solution

karmatik

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

Okay. This looks good, but questions:

(1) Will I understand How to properly put it in or install it? Or should I youtube it and youtube will have specific tutorials?
(2)I still do not understand what I'm placing the "build on" ? Is it the Motherboard?
(3) so, i just buy everything you list and i should be fine--minus building it? for the main part?

And thanks.

1. Building a PC isnt that hard, if you can follow instructions and have ever played with Lego then your set. Here's a couple of good guides.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roFb3TNePIg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea_bs5G1yYU
NCIX Tech Tips is also a very good resource, they have a video on just about every topic. Its where I learnt a lot of what I know.

2. I dont entirely understand the question.

3. If you have an OS, peripherals and monitor, your good to go and you can just buy that list.