[SOLVED] New to installing new CPU

Jul 13, 2019
I'm planning to upgrade from a ryzen 5 1400 to a ryzen 5 1600 soon but I'm new to upgrading PC's. I'm sure I can figure out a way of placing the CPU, thermal paste, and cooler, but what exactly should I do before getting into it?

The main thing is to make sure you have the proper BIOS installed.
Your motherboard documentation (or online) will tell you which BIOS goes with which CPU.
If both those CPUs take the same BIOS then that's great.....you don't need to update the BIOS.
If your current BIOS is older than the 1600 requires....then you have to update your BIOS.
Once your BIOS is correct.....it's basically just powering down and changing the CPU (and reinstalling the cooler etc) and powering up.

The main thing is to make sure you have the proper BIOS installed.
Your motherboard documentation (or online) will tell you which BIOS goes with which CPU.
If both those CPUs take the same BIOS then that's great.....you don't need to update the BIOS.
If your current BIOS is older than the 1600 requires....then you have to update your BIOS.
Once your BIOS is correct.....it's basically just powering down and changing the CPU (and reinstalling the cooler etc) and powering up.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS