New to Networking,HELP!!!

Hi, back again, I now have my WinXP desktop connected to the internet via
crossover cable to an ADSL Broadband Modem+Router+Switch ANNEX A. I can log
on to the Router thanks to help from 'Tony' and 'Bell' but have no
instructions on how to config the wireless connection to my laptop. Laptop is
XP also, with a Prism 802.11 Adapter(3886). (What is a 1394 Net Adapter?) The
software that came with the Router is only a copy of the manual barely
explaining the layout but no config details. Any thoughts in simple terms
please, as still learning the ropes.
TIA
J.J.

peter