Question New to overclock, ryzen 2600 shuts down on stress test

Aug 15, 2020
Greetings! Decided to try my luck at overclocking my CPU. Im using ryzen master on an ASRock hdv 4.0 board. I know this board isn't the greatest. I tried 3.9ghz @ 1.25v and played Forza 7 with it that way and it was fine. Temps were same as stock (even tried 4.0ghz at 1.3 and was fine, couple degrees warmer). But when I went to run cinebench 15 it crashed. So I went up a few steps at a time in ryzen master til this didn't happen. Wanted to try something a little tougher on it so tried realbench. Runs fine for a bit then crashes. Even tried 1.3v and seemed to make it a bit longer but still crashed. With temps not seeming to be an issue (71 on realbench) I'm wondering if this motherboard is just too crappy to be trying this on. I do not see VRM temps reported in HWINFO.

kanewolf

Titan
Greetings! Decided to try my luck at overclocking my CPU. Im using ryzen master on an ASRock hdv 4.0 board. I know this board isn't the greatest. I tried 3.9ghz @ 1.25v and played Forza 7 with it that way and it was fine. Temps were same as stock (even tried 4.0ghz at 1.3 and was fine, couple degrees warmer). But when I went to run cinebench 15 it crashed. So I went up a few steps at a time in ryzen master til this didn't happen. Wanted to try something a little tougher on it so tried realbench. Runs fine for a bit then crashes. Even tried 1.3v and seemed to make it a bit longer but still crashed. With temps not seeming to be an issue (71 on realbench) I'm wondering if this motherboard is just too crappy to be trying this on. I do not see VRM temps reported in HWINFO.
The voltage regulators are the motherboard limiting factor. What are you using for CPU cooling? AIO water? If so, then there is limited airflow around the CPU socket and the VRMs overheat more.

TRENDING THREADS