[SOLVED] New to PC building, wondering if what I've put together will work.

Sep 5, 2020

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Brand new to this and trying my best to scuffle my way through things and put something together that might work. Wondering if the current build I have will be sufficient and if there are any tweaks I can make to improve it. Any feedback/criticism/adjustments/advice is welcome and accepted. Also, there are two coolers because I was told a simple heatsink(?) would suffice for what I had. I will also be changing the 2070 to a 3000 series once those are released. Thanks in advance for any and all help. :)

Solution
Slower in what way? I don't really fully understand SSDs as a whole truthfully. I planned on storing my OS/games on it to lessen loading times, will a QLC impact its ability to do that? Or will it affect something more that I'm unaware of? Once again, sorry for asking (potentially) stupid questions. Thanks again.
It takes more explaining than i can quickly do here, but the P1 can slow down under certain conditions, while better quality SSD's will always keep a more consistently fast read and write speed. My original point was if you are going to spend $1500 to build a good quality gaming PC, you should spend an extra $40 to get a mainstream SSD, rather than a budget SSD. The helpful chart below was put together by NewMaxx on...
Sep 5, 2020
I would suggest getting a better SSD like the WD Black SN750. You plan on getting a 3000 series graphics card so you should pair it with a good quality boot drive. The Crucial P1 is a budget QLC drive.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/QQ...50-1-tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-wds100t3x0c
What exactly is a QLC drive? I looked it up and didn't really understand the issue. Sorry for not really knowing anything, just trying to figure stuff out. Thanks for the help.

What exactly is a QLC drive? I looked it up and didn't really understand the issue. Sorry for not really knowing anything, just trying to figure stuff out. Thanks for the help.
QLC just means 4 bits per cell. Most SSD's are TLC which is 3 bits per cell. QLC drives are slower than TLC but are also less expensive, so it's a trade-off.

I know you explained it but I still don't fully get the reason for two CPU coolers. Are you planning on buying both of them? You only need a single good CPU cooler, and if you aren't a heavy overclocker then the NH-D15 might be overkill, but the Hyper 212 is a little bit basic. First and foremost, the CPU comes with a stock cooler, and if you aren't going for a super-silent PC, and don't do heavy overclocking, the stock cooler will be enough for you. If you either want silent fans or you will overclock as much as possible(or both), then go with the NH-D15 or any other good air cooler like the bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4. I would suggest leaving the Hyper 212 alone.

Other than that, the build seems fine besides the SSD issue already mentioned.

Sep 5, 2020
I know you explained it but I still don't fully get the reason for two CPU coolers. Are you planning on buying both of them? You only need a single good CPU cooler, and if you aren't a heavy overclocker then the NH-D15 might be overkill, but the Hyper 212 is a little bit basic. First and foremost, the CPU comes with a stock cooler, and if you aren't going for a super-silent PC, and don't do heavy overclocking, the stock cooler will be enough for you. If you either want silent fans or you will overclock as much as possible(or both), then go with the NH-D15 or any other good air cooler like the bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4. I would suggest leaving the Hyper 212 alone.

Other than that, the build seems fine besides the SSD issue already mentioned.
I don't plan on buying both, I was just unsure of which I was going to decide on and left both on there. Now that I know, I'm assuming I should just remove both and save myself the money? Is there any added benefit (apart from being more quiet/assisting with overclocking temps) to buying either of the other coolers? Thanks for the help.

Sep 5, 2020
QLC just means 4 bits per cell. Most SSD's are TLC which is 3 bits per cell. QLC drives are slower than TLC but are also less expensive, so it's a trade-off.

Slower in what way? I don't really fully understand SSDs as a whole truthfully. I planned on storing my OS/games on it to lessen loading times, will a QLC impact its ability to do that? Or will it affect something more that I'm unaware of? Once again, sorry for asking (potentially) stupid questions. Thanks again.

It takes more explaining than i can quickly do here, but the P1 can slow down under certain conditions, while better quality SSD's will always keep a more consistently fast read and write speed. My original point was if you are going to spend $1500 to build a good quality gaming PC, you should spend an extra $40 to get a mainstream SSD, rather than a budget SSD. The helpful chart below was put together by NewMaxx on reddit. It lists SSD's in groups like Budget, Consumer, Prosumer. It's a useful guide for choosing an SSD.

161324967_screenshot_2020-09-06-ssd_buying_guide-pdf.jpg

Solution
I don't plan on buying both, I was just unsure of which I was going to decide on and left both on there. Now that I know, I'm assuming I should just remove both and save myself the money? Is there any added benefit (apart from being more quiet/assisting with overclocking temps) to buying either of the other coolers? Thanks for the help.
Far as I can tell, stock cooler is enough for moderate overclocks and if you aren't too sensitive to sound. I don't think there's any other added benefit besides those two things.