Question New to pc building. Wont post, DRAM and boot light glowing.

Aug 18, 2020
Hey! Its my first time building, and im having some issues.

I bought a few parts on my own after inheriting the previous computer. I switched out the PSU, Mobo, and CPU and RAM.

When I had installed everything I got the EZ debug glowing red on CPU and Dram. I took it to my local computerstore and had them update the BIOS for me, and I got home, and while the CPU light shuts off after a few seconds, the DRAM light remains constant.

There is no post, but my peripherals are lighting up.
All 3 fans are starting just fine.
Ive tried to clear CMOS by removing the battery on the mobo but no dice.

Anyone know what the issue is? Should I go back to the computerstore and have them redo the BIOS?

MSI x470 Gaming Plus Max
Ryzen 5 3600
gaindward 660x
1tb hdd
Hyper X Fury DDR4 3200
Seasonix Focus gx-650

edit: Forgot to say the BOOT light blinks once, then it stays on.

I got a tip to try all the ram slots with one ram, but no luck there either. Should I go back to the computerstore to get them to redo the BIOS update?

Dec 6, 2020

I bought a few parts on my own after inheriting the previous computer. I switched out the PSU, Mobo, and CPU and RAM.

When I had installed everything I got the EZ debug glowing red on CPU and Dram. I took it to my local computerstore and had them update the BIOS for me, and I got home, and while the CPU light shuts off after a few seconds, the DRAM light remains constant.

Anyone know what the issue is? Should I go back to the computerstore and have them redo the BIOS?

MSI x470 Gaming Plus Max
Ryzen 5 3600
gaindward 660x
1tb hdd
Hyper X Fury DDR4 3200
Seasonix Focus gx-650

I got a tip to try all the ram slots with one ram, but no luck there either. Should I go back to the computerstore to get them to redo the BIOS update?
Hello!
I'd to know If you fixed the problem. I have kind of the same problem: when I turn on the switch on, the only thing that stays light up is the RAM.
It is my new built up and I'm very scared.

MSI x470 Gaming Plus Max
Ryzen 5 3600
gaindward 660x
1tb hdd
Hyper X Fury DDR4 3200
Seasonix Focus gx-650

The things that come to mind are maybe you have some bent or damaged pins on the CPU or the ram is really faulty or the motherboard really doesn't like your ram kit

Reactions: MiguelSolanoV

Latest posts