new to pc, few minor problems

ghost7x

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
i recently built a pc myself, and i havent really had too many "problems" with it, but im very new to pc's and feel like i've done some things wrong. first of all, i rewired it because when i first built it, i didnt realize the case had places to string the wires, lol. after rewiring, my front panel sound doesnt seem to be working. pluggd phone into usb'
s, and it charges so they must be working. prior to rewire, i plugged turtle beach headset into it and it worked fine. secondly, with feet on ground, i can feel electrical current flowing through my keyboard and mouse. pretty sure that's bad grounding though, as with shoes on i dont feel it. thirdly, when i load anything from my 1 tb hdd(i have 256 gb solid state as well) the hdd seems to run extremely loud, no clicking or anything, just sounds like its spinning extremely fast or hard. and my last problem is, as of late, on certain songs, my speakers will randomly get extremely loud and distorted. im not sure if it was me rewiring, or the sound driver update i did. sorry for the long post, but as i said im pretty noob at PC's and i've googled alot trying to figure this all out, so figured i'd finally make my own post about the small issues ive had. thanks.

check that you not cut any wires on the back of the mb tray. look at the front panel of the case make sure the audio cable plugged in on both ends. in windows audio make sure realteck or your audio sound card set as default audio output. in real there a check box if you want the front and rear speaker to work at the same time.

ghost7x

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013

ill reopen the case and check the wires tomorrow, but as far as realtek goes, ive messed with it quite a bit making sure it is set up right. another problem is that my windows media volume doesnt control the main volume like it normally should, instead it makes very small adjustments to how loud the master volume is, unless i turn it all the way down. thanks for replying btw

ghost7x

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
ok i fixed my front panel, not sure how, checked the actual front panel and everything was connected fine, removed and replugged it to the mobo, updated nvidia drivers without hd audio(nofix) then did a fresh reinstall of nvidia drivers (fixed) also went into bios and made sure front panel was set to HD audio(it already was, but reselected and saved options anyway). will update with main speakers soon to confirm if that is fixed or not as well. thanks for the help btw.

ghost7x

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
ok, listening to music in my turtle beach X12's right now, and its doing the same thing that my speakers do.... what the hell could be causing this? could it maybe just be some of the music files i have? because it seems some of them do it and others dont

ghost7x

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
forgot to update, it appears that it was the audio driver, listened to every song that was doing it, and theyve all been fixed thus far, thanks very much for the help everyone.