[SOLVED] New to pc gaming, Which pc to buy?

Jul 4, 2020
I've got a question so I was thinking of buying a better pc as mine is Garbage so would it be better to get a ryzen 3200g 16gb ram 550 watt power supply or a pre built ryzen 5 3400g? I don't have the biggest budget and don't know which one? Anyone can help me

Reactions: Rehan Essani
Solution
I forgot to add the ram is on sale its normally £90
its a good budget option.Later on just put a GPU in there.Of course something that will perform better than Radeon Vega 8,just dont buy like gt 710 or gt 1030 since they will perform the same.If you have atleast 100$ or euros try to find used rx 580 8gb.That will be your best budget option+its a perfect match so you will get the most ot of cpu and gpu.The ram is perfect speed for ryzen budget cpus,you could put atleast a 240gb ssd in there for windows since this build doesnt have any.Now the motheboard,since that mobo is not ryzen 3000 series ready,it means it needs a bios update,but if you are buying the complete build form a seller,im sure the seller already did a bios...
Well my budget I don't know if its enough is around £350 pounds $442 dollars
Even if you are strict on budget, buying a prebuilt will get you a very bad computer. I had £200 to spend, and I bought a 'gaming pc' with a GT710 and an FX4300. Even if you are not skilled in building, it is easier than putting a lego set together. £350 won't get you much but the list ^ that was mentioned is a decent rig. What kind of games do you want to play and at what settings?

Jul 6, 2020
I've got a question so I was thinking of buying a better pc as mine is Garbage so would it be better to get a ryzen 3200g 16gb ram 550 watt power supply or a pre built ryzen 5 3400g? I don't have the biggest budget and don't know which one? Anyone can help me
In my opinion you should go for 3400g. The Ryzen 5 3400G is capable of gaming with even some newer, more intensive titles with compromises on resolution and details. Overall, it makes for a good entry level product or the heart of a super low-budget build. You can pair a gtx 1660 ti with the ryzen 5 3400g for great gaming performance. The 3400g will support 2933mhz ram out of the box without overclocking you can use integrated graphics of vega 8 that enough for you.

Jul 4, 2020
Even if you are strict on budget, buying a prebuilt will get you a very bad computer. I had £200 to spend, and I bought a 'gaming pc' with a GT710 and an FX4300. Even if you are not skilled in building, it is easier than putting a lego set together. £350 won't get you much but the list ^ that was mentioned is a decent rig. What kind of games do you want to play and at what settings?
Gta mods, watch dogs 2 etc

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Buy used parts, or used builds. Find person, who can check parts, or check it by yourself, if you know what you are doing.

There is a lot of good cpus for money.

Look for 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen intel i7. 1st, 2nd gen ryzen 3, 5. Maybe 7. Look at some older lga2011 motherboards, and cpus. It have more cores, more threats, more cache, posible to overclock.

Also there is a lot of good gpus. I think the best gpu for money rx570 which competes with gtx 1060 3 and 6gb in some scenarios. Also check gtx1060 6gb/rx580.

Look some videos in youtube, like tech yes city. Check aliexpress for parts(it takes longer time for delivery, but cheaper).

I know it's hard to get pc for 300 pounds, or 450$, but possible. Aim 200$ for cpu+mb+ram+(better cpu cooler if overclock). And 200$ for case, psu, gpu, hdd. I'll recommend you invest in better cpu, and save for better gpu later, or vice versa.

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
I not recommend pre built pcs, cause you can have problems, when want to upgrade, or change some parts. But it's also very good option.

I have i7-3770 and gtx 1060 6 gb. Maybe it's not very good performing combo, but I think you can get the most for lower budget.

the main problem with OEM pcs are that the motherboards bios is uselles in terms of gaming purposes,and the psu.I think that they are great budget option,since they pack a lot of power for low price,that is if you are buying them used.I just hate the small case versions,like what are you supposed to do with it?You cant change the psu,you cant buy a normal size gpu and its hard to work on it.Plus the cooler is trash.You just need to look for a normal atx or mini-atx OEM pc,or if you happen to have another case,just swap the components and you are good to go.

Jul 4, 2020
So what I was thinking originally was this pc I found the parts for what do you think?
-Thermaltake Hamburg Pro RGB 550W 80+ Bronze
-Asus PRIME A320M-K mATX Motherboard with AMD Ryzen 3 3200G AM4 Processor Bundle
-HyperX FURY 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM
-Toshiba 500GB L200 2.5" 7mm Slim Mobile Hard Drive
The bundle is becuase i found it made it 15 pound cheaper for the same parts.

Jul 4, 2020
So what I was thinking originally was this pc I found the parts for what do you think?
-Thermaltake Hamburg Pro RGB 550W 80+ Bronze
-Asus PRIME A320M-K mATX Motherboard with AMD Ryzen 3 3200G AM4 Processor Bundle
-HyperX FURY 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM
-Toshiba 500GB L200 2.5" 7mm Slim Mobile Hard Drive
The bundle is becuase i found it made it 15 pound cheaper for the same parts.

its a good budget option.Later on just put a GPU in there.Of course something that will perform better than Radeon Vega 8,just dont buy like gt 710 or gt 1030 since they will perform the same.If you have atleast 100$ or euros try to find used rx 580 8gb.That will be your best budget option+its a perfect match so you will get the most ot of cpu and gpu.The ram is perfect speed for ryzen budget cpus,you could put atleast a 240gb ssd in there for windows since this build doesnt have any.Now the motheboard,since that mobo is not ryzen 3000 series ready,it means it needs a bios update,but if you are buying the complete build form a seller,im sure the seller already did a bios update.If not you can go to a pc service shop and they will do it for you+charge you atleast 30$.That is the only 'minor problem' is in this build.I havent heard of the PSU,but i mean from the looks of it it seems decent...
Also if you live in the USA,go to the nearest micro-center and they will do the bios update for you.

Solution
Jul 4, 2020
its a good budget option.Later on just put a GPU in there.Of course something that will perform better than Radeon Vega 8,just dont buy like gt 710 or gt 1030 since they will perform the same.If you have atleast 100$ or euros try to find used rx 580 8gb.That will be your best budget option+its a perfect match so you will get the most ot of cpu and gpu.The ram is perfect speed for ryzen budget cpus,you could put atleast a 240gb ssd in there for windows since this build doesnt have any.Now the motheboard,since that mobo is not ryzen 3000 series ready,it means it needs a bios update,but if you are buying the complete build form a seller,im sure the seller already did a bios update.If not you can go to a pc service shop and they will do it for you+charge you atleast 30$.That is the only 'minor problem' is in this build.I havent heard of the PSU,but i mean from the looks of it it seems decent...
Also if you live in the USA,go to the nearest micro-center and they will do the bios update for you.
K thanks