[SOLVED] New to PC Gaming with questions

jemf7sk

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2014
I've always played Xbox in the past but haven't done any gaming in five years. My favorites were always CoD and Battlefield. Where is the best place to purchase these games for the best price? Do I need a membership somewhere to play online? Is there new competition to those two on PC that I don't know about?

Solution
Get the games from either STEAM, GOG or the ORIGIN store. Though, GOG store won't be having all the titles. For UBISOFT titles, you can also buy their games from the UPLAY store.

They do have a subscription service, but it's not a compulsion though, imo.
Get the games from either STEAM, GOG or the ORIGIN store. Though, GOG store won't be having all the titles. For UBISOFT titles, you can also buy their games from the UPLAY store.

Last edited:
Solution

jemf7sk

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2014

Thanks.. so I can just go to Origin and buy Battlefield V but I don't have to sign up for their monthly membership? I noticed on Origin the game is $59.99 but at Amazon it is $39.99. What would be the difference if any?

jemf7sk

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2014
Ok.. I signed up for Origin last night... didn't really get what they were offering until I studied it some more and then went ahead with the $5/month membership. What a deal! For $5 a month I can download and play all their games. Only weird thing is it takes about 8 hours to download a 72GB game. But the game plays great.

Now I just have to figure out the best way to play CoD