Question New To PC! Please Help

Apr 19, 2023
I am looking for a new gaming PC that has good to great FPS that can be played easily on 1080 and some 1440. I plan on buying a new PREBUILT pc. My budget is up to $1100. Trying to find the best bang for your buck. Idid some digging and found these 2 PC's. If You other better prebuilts let me know. THANKS FOR THE HELP <3

OR

What do you guys think about these 2? which is better?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Ouch.

I will get roasted, but between the two I would pick the Cyberpower model. Consider that the power supply is probably trash, and the motherboard is likely a lower end chipset. I notice it doesn't say whether the 16GB of RAM are a single stick or not. It is highly likely that it is, and should consider buying a matched set. The case on it has more airflow than the HP. By my experience everything inside this unit should be "standard" parts with industry standard connectors for such as the front panel wires from the case.

Their support could be anywhere on the map. They used to be FAMOUS for poor back end service and support.

The HP Omen line is...well...The case airflow is almost non existent. It doesn't show a back view but often HP will use some wonky off standard power supply that is (like above) also junk, but sometimes due to the size format and/or connectors cannot be replaced with a standard unit like the one above. It will almost assuredly be one stick of RAM as well. The case and motherboard may or may not be industry standard for the connectors meaning that you couldn't change the case or move the components over to a standard without adapters. MIND YOU- I do not know all of these factors to be true concerning this specific model, just some educated guesses based on what is and has been common out of them.

Their support will be your typical "down a list" type thing.

I know you are asking about a Prebuilt computer, and can understand why behind it. It is hard to recommend the off the store shelf items. If you go boutique pricing can be prohibitive. I wouldn't personally suggest you get either of them, however I feel like I described my own opinion on why the Cyberpower would be my choice of those two if there was simply no other option.

Reactions: PcChobo
I second the cyberpower. If you can find a good technician though you might have them replace the power supply with a quality unit first thing.

Another option, assuming you are in the USA, check out microcenter.com and look to see if you have one in your local area. If so you might go that route. Their salesmen are typically good at knowing quality parts and will probably help you pick out a better or comparable system. If you get parts, I think they will assemble it for $150. Can't tell you how much they'd charge for installing Windows, though that isn't hard to do.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
As a side note, since you are looking at prebuilt units. Try to see if you can find YT reviews for the models you are interested in. Keep in mind that anyone that is reviewing these may well have a vested interest in showing in a good light, be it that they are sponsored, or trying to sell computers, etc. Take what they say as grain of salt, probably well better performance than reality.

If you are dead set on a prebuilt, and with that budget, you might want to check out "PC Bros" site:

I am in NO way affiliated with them. The only reason I suggest it at all is that they offer their own in house builds by budget as well as used or used for video review models. They sell stuff from new all the way to functionally obsolete that you could own, so be wary, but worth a check out.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I was just tinkering with my local microcenter website and pieced together a box with windows, montech case, 5700x, gammax 400 cooler, 1tb drive, corsair rmx 850, 16gb ram and a 6650xt, which came out to about 922 before tax. So if you did go the microcenter route that would give extra to allow them to assemble etc.

I would point out that the price for building at MicroCenter is dependent on how complex the build is. They have a pretty much average base price and then each addition like drives, AIO, additional fans, lighting, and so on is sort of an a-la-carte menu of optional cost.

It is not uncommon for them to have popular builds available in store through their "PowerSpec" moniker.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Runs a little high, and I would probably do DDR5 and a decent motherboard instead, but this would get you a lot more gaming performance right now.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13400F 2.5 GHz 10-Core Processor ($184.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Soul 135 82 CFM CPU Cooler ($30.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B660M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($52.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus DUAL GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card ($599.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool CC560 ATX Mid Tower Case ($65.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1224.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-04-19 16:01 EDT-0400

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
^ Was going to make a comment about that PSU choice to price and THEN went and looked online, Shocked to see where PSU prices are right now. Wow.

Exactly my conclusion as well. A few Seasonics and EVGAs, but they aren't worth the 10-15 bucks less. The convenience of the 12VHPWR cable is cool.

RM650x + Type 4 12VHPWR cable = $145...

EVGA 650W G5 at $110 isn't bad.

Either they are all gearing up for ATX 3.0 production and/or 12VO production, or every decent PSU was bought to build 4070 systems, no idea.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023
Amazing quick responses! WOW first time on this forum. THank you all for the suggestions and tips. Will look at and consider all. cheers