[SOLVED] New to this

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
That depends what you want :)

What are you looking to store?

For game loading speeds there's almost no difference between a mid-range Sata SSD and a top end NVMe SSD. Maybe a second or two, sometimes, here or there. So if it's for game storage, depending on local prices - a 2.5" SSD like a WD Blue or MX500.

If you want mass storage for, e.g. saved gameplay videos, or archived games you're not currently playing but don't want to have to re-download, a large HDD would serve well. I've had good experiences with Toshiba's N300 drives, having a 4TB and 8TB one myself. But anything reasonably priced and with a warranty will do.

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020

For game loading speeds there's almost no difference between a mid-range Sata SSD and a top end NVMe SSD. Maybe a second or two, sometimes, here or there. So if it's for game storage, depending on local prices - a 2.5" SSD like a WD Blue or MX500.

If you want mass storage for, e.g. saved gameplay videos, or archived games you're not currently playing but don't want to have to re-download, a large HDD would serve well. I've had good experiences with Toshiba's N300 drives, having a 4TB and 8TB one myself. But anything reasonably priced and with a warranty will do.

Reactions: extreme_noob
Solution
Feb 26, 2020

Ok thank you, this helped a ton, I appreciate it

To add to this, seagate seems to have trouble with very high capacity drives. I'd stick with Western Digital, Toshiba, or Hitachi.