new towers?

i live in riverside, ca (southern cali) and until this week i had no service
at my house where i live. no matter what the wireless carrier, what phone,
nada. now all the sudden as of this week, i have 2-3 bars of service (sony
ericsson t616) and it says "cingular extend" so what the heck has there been
a new tower built near here and now im roaming on it? suggestions would be
appreciated.

"Cingular Extend" indicates that you are roaming on someone else's
network. Chances are that Cingular signed a roaming agreement with
another provider in that area and that provider is adding to their
infrastructure.

Ryan D wrote:
> i live in riverside, ca (southern cali) and until this week i had no service
> at my house where i live. no matter what the wireless carrier, what phone,
> nada. now all the sudden as of this week, i have 2-3 bars of service (sony
> ericsson t616) and it says "cingular extend" so what the heck has there been
> a new tower built near here and now im roaming on it? suggestions would be
> appreciated.

>now all the sudden as of this week, i have 2-3 bars of service (sony
>ericsson t616) and it says "cingular extend" so what the heck has there been
>a new tower built near here and now im roaming on it? suggestions would be
>appreciated.

Suggestions?

I suggest that you use your phone and not worry about it.

Yes, chances are that a new cell site has been turned on somewhere close. Might
be in the church down the street even.

--
John S.