Question New TUF AIO is loud ?

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
Hello
I finally got my PC back with a new cpu and AIO , the Asus TUF LC 240 and It's pretty loud at idle.
I took a photo of the mobo monitor and fan curve.
Anything weird here ?

20221202234743.jpg

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
and It's pretty loud at idle.

Well, what do you expect?

Besides the 2x 120mm fans it has, AIO also has a pump, that will work at constant (max) RPM at all times, creating noise. And then there's also airflow through the rad, that creates noise as well. Also, some AIOs are prone to bubbling noise, when air gets trapped inside the pump.

All-in-all, there is no benefit using AIO over tower-type air cooler, since both are still cooled by ambient air. While AIOs have several downsides, like: cost more, are noisier and doesn't last as long (2-4 years). And if AIO leaks, it can kill your hardware.

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
I can't change the CPU fan speed using the curves, whatever I do it will stick to 1400ish
I guess this is the pump speed?
But why I can't see the radiotor fans in the bios?
PS: This AIO was the only choice I had in my country for the 1700 socket beside a Cougar air cooler that has bad reviews unfortunetely, they didn't bring the 1700 brackets adapters for the previous air coolers

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You should be able to open the case up and trace the fan and pump cables with your finger(s), and identify which mobo headers they are plugged to.

In your screenshot, see how Smart Fan Mode has the box checked? Try unchecking it. That should give you more control of the fans.

Reactions: Jeff_120

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
You should be able to open the case up and trace the fan and pump cables with your finger(s), and identify which mobo headers they are plugged to.

In your screenshot, see how Smart Fan Mode has the box checked? Try unchecking it. That should give you more control of the fans.

Ok will do after dinner
Reading the AIO manual there should be 2 pwm cables , one for the pump and one for the radiator fans, should the pump cable be plugged into the pump fan plug and the radiator fans into the cpu one or system fan?

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
Damn lazy PC shop "technicians" , they plugged the pump pwm on the cpu plug and the radiator fans pwm on the....TT case rgb controller!! o_O
I plugged them both into the right plugs and now my PC is quiet :)

Reactions: Aeacus