[SOLVED] New upcoming build-What cables do I need

Solution
Cable extensions? For what exactly because everything included with your build should work fine.
If you are talking about custom PSU extensions, I'd go for either Asiahorse or UpHere on Amazon.

Though, I am curious as to why you are going with a Kraken z63 AIO cooler with a Ryzen 5 3600. Just nitpicking because I think the money spent on such an overkill cooler could get you a better GPU and faster ram-- unless you insist on having it, go for it. If thermals are your concern, Noctua makes great air coolers and NZXT has the Kraken x63 that is about $100 cheaper.
I was thinking the same, something like this?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($167.00 @ Walmart)
CPU...

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
Cable extensions? For what exactly because everything included with your build should work fine.
If you are talking about custom PSU extensions, I'd go for either Asiahorse or UpHere on Amazon.

Though, I am curious as to why you are going with a Kraken z63 AIO cooler with a Ryzen 5 3600. Just nitpicking because I think the money spent on such an overkill cooler could get you a better GPU and faster ram-- unless you insist on having it, go for it. If thermals are your concern, Noctua makes great air coolers and NZXT has the Kraken x63 that is about $100 cheaper.

Reactions: helper800

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 64.95 CFM CPU Cooler ($79.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($178.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8100 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB KO GAMING Video Card ($499.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case ($149.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Best Buy)
Case Fan: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 140 Air Pressure RGB 46.2 CFM 140 mm Fan ($19.98 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 ARGB 62 CFM 120 mm Fan ($16.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $1587.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-27 22:59 EDT-0400

Solution

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 64.95 CFM CPU Cooler ($79.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($178.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8100 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($229.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB KO GAMING Video Card ($499.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case ($149.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Best Buy)
Case Fan: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 140 Air Pressure RGB 46.2 CFM 140 mm Fan ($19.98 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 ARGB 62 CFM 120 mm Fan ($16.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $1587.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-27 22:59 EDT-0400
This is better!
PSU to 850W seems unnecessary.

I think the NH-D14 is certainly enough for the 3600, though there might be a clearance issue with the case-- I am not 100% sure.
I had a NH-U14s and the fan that was included was pressed against my tempered glass and was causing my GPU to sag (my motherboard's top PCIe slot takes the top two slots on my case brackets) in my NZXT H510 case so I swapped it out to a NH-U12s.

The NH-D14 is better though so stick with it if you can. If you really wanted to, the NH-D15 is a bit better but maybe for an extra $15-20. (Keep in mind of the case though)
Other than that, those parts are looking good, especially the new RAM!

Edit: Wow, I'm an idiot. I thought this was the OP haha. Overall, it seems like a more reasonable compromise over the original list, helper800. I edited my post so the OP can understand my mistake.

Last edited:

Nook.Fly

Prominent
May 27, 2020
This is better!
PSU to 850W seems unnecessary.

I think the NH-D14 is certainly enough for the 3600, though there might be a clearance issue with the case-- I am not 100% sure.
I had a NH-U14s and the fan that was included was pressed against my tempered glass and was causing my GPU to sag (my motherboard's top PCIe slot takes the top two slots on my case brackets) in my NZXT H510 case so I swapped it out to a NH-U12s.

The NH-D14 is better though so stick with it if you can. If you really wanted to, the NH-D15 is a bit better but maybe for an extra $15-20. (Keep in mind of the case though)
Other than that, those parts are looking good, especially the new RAM!

Edit: Wow, I'm an idiot. I thought this was the OP haha. Overall, it seems like a more reasonable compromise over the original list, helper800. I edited my post so the OP can understand my mistake.

so you guy think the corsair vengeance pro is worse? this is completely new to me so I don't know much

I was thinking I would stick with the NZXT case fans Is that a good choice

and the 850 seems a little over the top

Nook.Fly

Prominent
May 27, 2020

And for cable extensions, I was thinking like a custom 24 pin for motherboard or an 8 pin for gpu

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
so you guy think the corsair vengeance pro is worse? this is completely new to me so I don't know much

I was thinking I would stick with the NZXT case fans Is that a good choice

and the 850 seems a little over the top
Its "worse" in the sense that is has lower speed than the G. Skill one. The Corsair is 3200Mhz while the G. Skill is 3600-- both have the same CAS latency so 3600Mhz is still better.

I agree that the 850W is a bit much.

Nothing is "wrong" about NZXT AER fans but I would personally go with Noctua. They are much more quieter but they don't have RGB. You can stick with the AER fans if you want.

What do you mean by problem with the NVME SSD?

Also for custom cable extensions, I would go with either "UpHere" or "Asiahorse" on Amazon. They are about $30-35 dollars and has extensions for the 24 pin, 8 pin EPS, and many PCIe like 6 and 8 pin in a pack.

Nook.Fly

Prominent
May 27, 2020
Its "worse" in the sense that is has lower speed than the G. Skill one. The Corsair is 3200Mhz while the G. Skill is 3600-- both have the same CAS latency so 3600Mhz is still better.

I agree that the 850W is a bit much.

Nothing is "wrong" about NZXT AER fans but I would personally go with Noctua. They are much more quieter but they don't have RGB. You can stick with the AER fans if you want.

What do you mean by problem with the NVME SSD?

Also for custom cable extensions, I would go with either "UpHere" or "Asiahorse" on Amazon. They are about $30-35 dollars and has extensions for the 24 pin, 8 pin EPS, and many PCIe like 6 and 8 pin in a pack.

The NVME is getting an error of compatibility on PC part picker I don't know what it is but ill just go with a SSD like the Samsung 860 Evo I think

theres a problem with the nvme ssd so i think i gotta go for a different option
There are no problems with that NVMe driver and the motherboard. What it is saying is that the NVMe slot that will be used disables 2 of the 8 sata ports on the motherboard because the board shares bandwidth between the NVMe slot and the sata ports. That NVMe drive costs only a bit more than your current storage combination but is significantly faster than the Samsung 860 evo and is 2tb of space.

Reactions: Strafez

Nook.Fly

Prominent
May 27, 2020
There are no problems with that NVMe driver and the motherboard. What it is saying is that the NVMe slot that will be used disables 2 of the 8 sata ports on the motherboard because the board shares bandwidth between the NVMe slot and the sata ports. That NVMe drive costs only a bit more than your current storage combination but is significantly faster than the Samsung 860 evo and is 2tb of space.

Oh ok. i changed the list a little here's the updated version

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Nook.Fly/saved/Mq9mkL