Question New, Upgraded cpu doesnt work while old one does

Mar 25, 2020
I have been trying to upgrade my AMD FX-4300 to an AMD FX-6350 on a 970 msi gaming motherboard but i can't get it to work. I have updated my bios to the latest version, set it back to default through the bios setup, used a jumper to clear the CMOS. Doing all this does not cause the new cpu to work though as the fans will turn on but no there will be no signal for my monitor. Whenever i put my old cpu in it works fine.

I dont know if im able to see if this new cpu actually works with just my pc so i dont know if this is because i dont know how to upgrade my pc or if the cpu does not work. Hopefully it's soemthing really simple ive missed but i really dont know.

Mar 25, 2020
update the bios?
what the make and model of the psu?
6350 is 125w, while 4300 is 95w

I dont know if i said it right but i downloaded the latest bios version onto a flash drive and used it in the bios setup to update it?

The psu is an Aerocool integrator 850w power supply. I'm using it with an msi geforce 970 gpu. I didnt check whether my psu was good enough before because i thought i remembered that i bought one pretty overboard when i built it.