New UPS for my active PFC PSU.

BUlly_boy_2101

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
Hey guys i wanted to buy a new ups for my corsair rm 650 which is PFC activated. I did some research and found that my psu needs a pure sine wave using ups, but the price is way to much. So i just wanted to know which ups would be a good alternative to the pure sine wave ups so that i dont face any problems when the current goes off. I do face problems(abruptly shutting down of pc in case of power failure) with my current ups-CYBERPOWER BU series 1kva,which is using a simulated sine wave.i also learned that my pc needs more than a 1kva ups under load conditions. Any suggestions on which ups should i buy( i Cant buy an expensive pure sinewave ups)

Solution
You wouldn't need 1000VA, the CyberPower CP850PFCLCD would be able to power your system for a few minutes (my guess would be 10-15 minutes) while it shuts down proper through it's software.
Here's the thing though... look for it on sale. Periodically you'll find those UPS's at a decent discount (I got my 1350VA 810W one for ~$120 during one such sale). If I come across some kind of sale soon, I'll post it here for you to check out
What hardware are you looking to keep powered (build specs)? Are you looking to power a monitor also? Is there any other hardware you want to run with it?

That information will help determine which UPS would be most fitting (and least expensive) for your needs.

BUlly_boy_2101

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015

MY RIG;
MOBO- Gigabyte b75m-d3h
PSU-Corsair RM650
GPU-gtx 970
CPU-i5 2310 @2.90GHz
Ram-2*4 ADATA ram

You wouldn't need 1000VA, the CyberPower CP850PFCLCD would be able to power your system for a few minutes (my guess would be 10-15 minutes) while it shuts down proper through it's software.
Here's the thing though... look for it on sale. Periodically you'll find those UPS's at a decent discount (I got my 1350VA 810W one for ~$120 during one such sale). If I come across some kind of sale soon, I'll post it here for you to check out

Solution